Remove the match Bonus

02/10/16 23:27
I do not get the point of the match Bonus system

besides the fact that it causes more Injuries....

it makes playing someone a guessing game as in if they are going to use it against you...

whats the point? you spend an insane amout of cash that should be going towards building your town up... then even more on the extra injuries it causes.. and for a what a chance to beat a team - A win you didn't earn

all this does is gives the top teams that are built better and have more ingame money a way to smack you down even harder...

you win using a bonus.. all it does is prove your dumb enough to waste $ that should go towards building your town up....

I just think it needs to be removed
03/10/16 00:04
I agree also it takes away from tournament play when you practice a friendly game against someone and you beat him by 2 touchdowns and turn around in tournament final and he beats you by 3 it is not fair or moral takes to much away from game.
03/10/16 00:55
Randy,

we had a big discussion about the MB on the Football Champions 2 forum. It was set at 100% max but after a lot of critics, it was maxed at 50%.

It ads to the strategy of the game: should I use the money for MB because this match is so important (like for gold balls or a place in the League)? Or should I use it to build my city?

Either way, you can see it like it could be in real life: some prize for players that could boost their motivation; some bribes to refs or players (common in some parts of the world of soccer); some doping or anything else you like.

I would like to see some big counter-effects or risks associated with using MB. Maybe that injury rate could be much higher, loosing fans because they knew that some bribing was going on, you could risk loosing players morale if loosing the match etc.

Cheers!

03/10/16 02:29
no i don't see how it could be used in a real game.. well unless your the pats and they got busted and fined/ suspended so on for using it...
03/10/16 03:29
i hate this bonus .. . it should be removed from the game
08/10/16 01:32
It's just unrealistic you can't buy your way to win a match and make your players like they're on steroids in real NBA games or any other games so why on sublinet games can you? To me a game should be won by legit outright skill and if I lose fair play what I don't agree with is what happened to me tonight where during my tournament game my health went down during gameplay so much I couldn't get my health back as I didn't have the heal kits so obvs I got hammered. Kinda ruined what would of been a good game.
10/10/16 10:18
The bonus adds strategy and makes matches less predictable. If the outcome of each match could be predicted by the average stars of both team there would be no point.

You can use custom strategies and the bonus to trick opponents that check you out. Ex: using a "lose strategy" when offline and using your "win strategy" and maximum match bonus for the championship match.

Use it to your advantage
10/10/16 14:45
O dear what a poor response that is so basically what your saying is the game isn't about skill, it's about who can bonus the most? I get that you don't want to make the game predictable but it isn't like I've beaten players 5-10 stars higher than me before through good tactics and that's how the game should be not winning by default cos you've cheated your way to the top basically if you need to bonus theres only 1 reason your doing it because you know your team isn't good enough or that's my opinion of it anyway it makes the game uneven and sparked a lot of conflict in our guild, so unless you want in game fighting between guilds I suggest you remove it because it is causing a lot of friction within guilds.I believe in skill and tactics not cheating your way to win if someone has better team and tactics fair play but to be able to run like usain bolt isn't really a game it's like playing with a cheat engine on and theres no skill to it anyone could do that. and the stars they don't really much if you have poor tactics you can be undone by people 5-10 stars lower than you.
27/10/16 17:28
neuronix :

The bonus adds strategy and makes matches less predictable. If the outcome of each match could be predicted by the average stars of both team there would be no point.

You can use custom strategies and the bonus to trick opponents that check you out. Ex: using a "lose strategy" when offline and using your "win strategy" and maximum match bonus for the championship match.

Use it to your advantage

I guess it depends on your code and how you factor in randomness. A back with 40 dodge should not be able to always dodge a defender that has 39 anti dodge. Obviously the running back has an advantage, but it is only slight.

IMO, player acquisition, team building and appropriate player development should be the biggest factors in determining a win. Ultimately, this game will either flourish or flounder based upon the strength of the game engine that is used to determine how a matchup is resolved, when all things are created equally.

First factor to look at is the overall star rating. If I am playing a baseball sim, a starting pitcher's overall rating should not be affected in any way by how he bats against a left handed pitcher. Likewise, my kicker's overall rating should not be affected by his ability to tackle or dodge or really anything other than kick.
10/11/17 03:41
The match bonus is NOT strategy. It’s a cheap way for a lazy player to steal a win. I can beat a team with more stars then me. How? Strategy! I chose my players not based on stars but, by how they take to training. Then I train the right attributes based on position. This is all very time consuming. To call sliding a bar to the right before a match “strategy” is insulting.