Some Clarification on the "Cheats" Thread

guest_1470257561147 :

teams are still banned!
and guess which guild? the damages !! I know there is Kida and another but I don't know who. nice recruiting

Now that we have been able to get to the bottom of what this was all about, I thought I would provide some clarification to what really transpired.

The "cheats" thread was created by an anonymous user - we presume the same one who reported Kida to Sweet Nitro (how else would he know so quickly that Kida was banned?)

Now as most know, La Cagnannaise recently had a split and many of their teams left to start a new guild - Omega. Kida was one of those teams who left. Obviously that created a fair amount of animosity and the people over at La Cagnannaise appear to have tried to take revenge on Kida, as well as a few others.

Now what transpired is that Kida and one other player, both from Omega guild, were reported to Sweet Nitro for taking advantage of a glitch in the game. The glitch, apparently, involved putting players for sale in the recruitment house exactly 24 hours before the change of season. If the player was sold within the 5 minutes or so that the game is in maintenance mode for season changeover, you got double the recruitment points.

Sweet Nitro investigated and banned Kida and one other team. This "guest" account then came on here and started the "cheat" thread, gloating and blaming "damages" of course, because you know, La Cagnannaise hates Damage Inc. (Though what this had to do with Damage Inc nobody knows, other than that we are on friendly terms with the Omega guys.)

This is where it gets interesting. How do you suppose "guest" knew about this glitch and knew to report Kida for it? I mean it's not exactly something that is easy to spot. As it turns out, Kida says that when he was at La Cagnannaise, he observed RC Cagnan and Ivorian selling Visa players at that same time every season - 24 hours before change of season. He decided to try it, Cagnan and Ivorian knew, and they reported him for it out of spite because he had left La Cagnannaise. Even though they had been doing the same thing for many seasons, probably years for all we know, considering how many millions of RP has been used by them in the AH.

So for those of you wondering how RC Cagnan, Ivorian and the other teams they ran had SO much RP and could overbid us all season after season, spending millions and millions of RP every season - either buying players or distributing amongst themselves, here's your answer. They were abusing a glitch and a cheat, while accusing everyone else of being a cheat.

Well now that Sweet Nitro ran a script and identified all the teams that have been abusing this glitch and cheating them out of RP, RC Cagnan, Ivorian and about 8 other teams have now been banned. Apparently until 14 July.

Another thing. Their spite didn't end there. One of them actually hacked into one of their old friend's team, used all their gold balls, sold their players, transferred 1 million RP out to themselves, and reset all his strats. I mean who does that?

I just want to applaud Sweet Nitro for taking action and banning them for what they did, though some feel they probably should get longer bans. We are happy though that their RP was reset to 0 by Sweet Nitro. Bravo!

I sincerely hope this is the end of the whole thing and that we can all now get on with playing the game on a fair and competitive playing field, now that the bad apples at La Cagnannaise have been forced to stop match fixing and have been banned for cheating the system.

I would also like to say that I hope this doesn't reflect poorly on everyone at La Cagnannaise. I know that not everybody over there was aware of this ruse and some are good people, even though they may have benefited from RP passed around by the guilty ones. We actually hold quite a few guys at La Cagnannaise in high regard.
Phalanx : Damage Inc. :

I sincerely hope this is the end of the whole thing and that we can all now get on with playing the game on a fair and competitive playing field, now that the bad apples at La Cagnannaise have been forced to stop match fixing and have been banned for cheating the system.

I would also like to say that I hope this doesn't reflect poorly on everyone at La Cagnannaise. I know that not everybody over there was aware of this ruse and some are good people, even though they may have benefited from RP passed around by the guilty ones. We actually hold quite a few guys at La Cagnannaise in high regard.

I applaud and echo these sentiments in the final two paragraphs especially. There are indeed some good guys in La Cag and, of course, some of the best players in the game. I hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt on the entire guild like has happened in the past when the shoe was on a different foot. We've all thrown mud at each other in the past, but there is a genuine sentiment now that this game can clean itself up and be better for it - provided the banned people are prepared to change their ways. Lets hope so!
Absolutely!
in the end it's a good thing even if there's still cleaning to be done
It is indeed an interesting question to how Guest knew straight away? Why report something if they were possibly going to get caught for the same action?

Interesting question to how Damage representatives had so much detail about this from the start and were defending the first banned player!
Apparently a lack of language skills to explain and he was also appealing against the decision. So he and his supporters clearly felt he had a right to the extra RPs.

Interesting too, how Phalanx is now claiming a moral high ground for his Guild over this, when at least one Damage member was promoting this cheat a day or two before.

Also interesting that Damage continues to calls these glitches, when clearly the guilty teams are trying to cheat.

No, I’m not supporting La Cag’s banned teams or any team that cheats, I’m attempting to support all the teams and guilds that don’t cheat, and continue to play this game fairly.
And I accept that there are fair playing teams in all guilds, including Damage and Cag.

But please don’t lecture on cleaning up a game that has equally been made dirty by a guild where members continue to cheat. Clean up your own guild first please because despite all your self promotion post, Damage is still involved somehow in so many methods of cheating.

This is another marketing post, trying to claim a false victory, as it is full of speculation and further accusations without facts or detailed knowledge. Just attempting to minimise the impact on your own guild by think everyone is the same.
Please don’t reply with your weak justifications, save it for your next LinkedIn article.
I have no support for any guild that cheats. La Cag or Damage.

Yes. I will claim a small morale standing over this because I was offered information on how to use this “glitch” by a Damaged member and I had a rant at the person involved. I, at least, stopped it spreading to others in the guild or wider. So Phalanx, may I suggest that you check with all your members before
you are further embarrassed.

PS - Just for clarification I’m Mic, Valkyrie not any Guest nor Hels Kracken; nor any other name. Happy to represent myself.
This has nothing to do with Damage, So why are you attacking their guild?

Rather than being a keyboard warrior maybe you should focus on the game and improve you ability to get to the top league.
Ystrad
Mic please, we are trying to move past all this bickering but you keep at it, always something to say every time one of us posts on the forum.

Mic's Mob :

It is indeed an interesting question to how Guest knew straight away? Why report something if they were possibly going to get caught for the same action?

You don't need to speculate on why. They did it to spite those who left La Cag. SN have verified it.

Mic's Mob :

Interesting question to how Damage representatives had so much detail about this from the start and were defending the first banned player!

We got the detail because, as you know, Kida is at Omega who are our friends, and when he was banned he told us why and then told us what RC Cagnan and Gbane (Ivorian) had been doing. That's how we got to know about it. I didn't see anyone from Damage Inc defending the first player who was banned. We didn't even know what he was banned for in the beginning.

Mic's Mob :

Apparently a lack of language skills to explain and he was also appealing against the decision. So he and his supporters clearly felt he had a right to the extra RPs.

Sorry, no idea what you are talking about here. He may well have appealed his ban, but we only found out afterwards what it was for and what had been going on.

Mic's Mob :

Interesting too, how Phalanx is now claiming a moral high ground for his Guild over this, when at least one Damage member was promoting this cheat a day or two before.

Again, no idea what you're talking about. I didn't claim any moral high ground for Damage Inc at all - Damage Inc isn't even involved in this. I merely set the record straight. If a Damage member was promoting this cheat a day or two before, as you say, then come out with it and say who it is. I'd love to know. Sweet Nitro ran a script to find everyone who had tried the cheat over the past few months, and they were all banned. And yet nobody at Damage Inc has been banned.

Mic's Mob :

Also interesting that Damage continues to calls these glitches, when clearly the guilty teams are trying to cheat.

If you read my statement again you'll see I called it both a glitch and a cheat. It's a glitch in the game, and to take advantage of it is to cheat.

Mic's Mob :

No, I’m not supporting La Cag’s banned teams or any team that cheats, I’m attempting to support all the teams and guilds that don’t cheat, and continue to play this game fairly.
And I accept that there are fair playing teams in all guilds, including Damage and Cag.

So are we, and so do we. We have done a tremendous amount to promote fair play in the game over the past few months. I'm proud of that.

Mic's Mob :

But please don’t lecture on cleaning up a game that has equally been made dirty by a guild where members continue to cheat. Clean up your own guild first please because despite all your self promotion post, Damage is still involved somehow in so many methods of cheating.

You keep saying this and accusing Damage Inc of this over and over again and yet you never produce any details. It is against forum rules to accuse people on the forum of cheating, especially if you have no details to back up your claim. If we are made aware of who is cheating and how, then we can do something about it.

Mic's Mob :

This is another marketing post, trying to claim a false victory, as it is full of speculation and further accusations without facts or detailed knowledge. Just attempting to minimise the impact on your own guild by think everyone is the same.
Please don’t reply with your weak justifications, save it for your next LinkedIn article.
I have no support for any guild that cheats. La Cag or Damage.

It's funny, because you say you're not behind the Hell's Kraken forum profile, and yet when Hell's Kraken's first comment to me on the other thread was "here's another sales pitch", it gave you away because you're the only one who calls anything I say on the forum "a sales pitch" or "marketing post"

It's also funny because you're here telling me that my post is "full of speculation and further accusations without facts or detailed knowledge", and yet everything you've just posted here is full of speculation and accusations without facts or details. I mean you're just saying the same things every time you post on the forum, accusations of Damage Inc cheating or being involved "somehow" with cheating, and yet you've produced no facts or details.

And actually everything I've said in my statement above is factual and not speculative. My facts come from the people involved (Kida being one) and from Sweet Nitro themselves who I've been in contact with.

Mic's Mob :

Yes. I will claim a small morale standing over this because I was offered information on how to use this “glitch” by a Damaged member and I had a rant at the person involved. I, at least, stopped it spreading to others in the guild or wider. So Phalanx, may I suggest that you check with all your members before
you are further embarrassed.

Again, "full of speculation and further accusations without facts or detailed knowledge". Nobody at Damage Inc has been banned for this cheat after Sweet Nitro ran the script today. So I insist on a name. Just tell us who it is that you say told you about this thing, and when. Otherwise, please keep your "accusations without facts" to yourself.

Mic's Mob :

PS - Just for clarification I’m Mic, Valkyrie not any Guest nor Hels Kracken; nor any other name. Happy to represent myself.

See comments above, though if you feel the need to keep defending yourself, that's fine.

Ystrad :

Rather than being a keyboard warrior maybe you should focus on the game and improve you ability to get to the top league.
Ystrad

Thanks but I’ll do it without cheating or not at all.

A Damage member told be about it, so that the link.
Mic's Mob :

Ystrad :

Ystrad

Thanks but I’ll do it without cheating or not at all.

A Damage member told be about it, so that the link.

This is just a Damage spin that I don’t accept.
If you don’t want others views then don’t post yours.
Not everyone agrees with you.
Phalanx : Damage Inc. :

guest_1470257561147 :

teams are still banned!
and guess which guild? the damages !! I know there is Kida and another but I don't know who. nice recruiting

Now that we have been able to get to the bottom of what this was all about, I thought I would provide some clarification to what really transpired.

The "cheats" thread was created by an anonymous user - we presume the same one who reported Kida to Sweet Nitro (how else would he know so quickly that Kida was banned?)

Now as most know, La Cagnannaise recently had a split and many of their teams left to start a new guild - Omega. Kida was one of those teams who left. Obviously that created a fair amount of animosity and the people over at La Cagnannaise appear to have tried to take revenge on Kida, as well as a few others.

Now what transpired is that Kida and one other player, both from Omega guild, were reported to Sweet Nitro for taking advantage of a glitch in the game. The glitch, apparently, involved putting players for sale in the recruitment house exactly 24 hours before the change of season. If the player was sold within the 5 minutes or so that the game is in maintenance mode for season changeover, you got double the recruitment points.

Sweet Nitro investigated and banned Kida and one other team. This "guest" account then came on here and started the "cheat" thread, gloating and blaming "damages" of course, because you know, La Cagnannaise hates Damage Inc. (Though what this had to do with Damage Inc nobody knows, other than that we are on friendly terms with the Omega guys.)

This is where it gets interesting. How do you suppose "guest" knew about this glitch and knew to report Kida for it? I mean it's not exactly something that is easy to spot. As it turns out, Kida says that when he was at La Cagnannaise, he observed RC Cagnan and Ivorian selling Visa players at that same time every season - 24 hours before change of season. He decided to try it, Cagnan and Ivorian knew, and they reported him for it out of spite because he had left La Cagnannaise. Even though they had been doing the same thing for many seasons, probably years for all we know, considering how many millions of RP has been used by them in the AH.

So for those of you wondering how RC Cagnan, Ivorian and the other teams they ran had SO much RP and could overbid us all season after season, spending millions and millions of RP every season - either buying players or distributing amongst themselves, here's your answer. They were abusing a glitch and a cheat, while accusing everyone else of being a cheat.

Well now that Sweet Nitro ran a script and identified all the teams that have been abusing this glitch and cheating them out of RP, RC Cagnan, Ivorian and about 8 other teams have now been banned. Apparently until 14 July.

Another thing. Their spite didn't end there. One of them actually hacked into one of their old friend's team, used all their gold balls, sold their players, transferred 1 million RP out to themselves, and reset all his strats. I mean who does that?

I just want to applaud Sweet Nitro for taking action and banning them for what they did, though some feel they probably should get longer bans. We are happy though that their RP was reset to 0 by Sweet Nitro. Bravo!

Brilliant just brilliant, answered so many questions that I had. Now it all makes sense