Locking of Threads

Mod's

Can I please ask what is the policy on threads and the reasoning for locking them, there have been one or two locked on the last 24hrs and I don't want us to be contravening the rules, so if we knew them then maybe we could toe the line?

Your assistance in the matter is appreciated.
If the Admin don't relay instructions to the Mod's, are these then the Mod's own policies?
Moderate rules:
1. We make the rules deal with it.
2. See rule 1.
3. You will never know the rules because the one time we have listed 4 rules I. A forum one of us repeatedly broke at least one of the rules in every single post they made.
4. We will never apologize even if our hypocrisy is both blatant and admitted
5. If we like you say what you want, if we don't then we will ban you.
6. We reserve the right to delete posts that show exactly how corrupt we are
7. We reserve the right to passive aggressively lock posts and make them announcement status so they always stay on the top of threads
I am or was hoping that a mod could help me out here as i dont want to find this thread removed or locked for comment before i get an answer to what i consider an perfectly valid question.

I have also raised a ticket on this issue, the question i asked is:-

Good Afternoon,

There have been a few instances over the past weeks where some moderators on the forums have been a little to quick to pass comment or block individuals or delete posts and even lock threds without justification.

In the past 24hrs there have been two locked threads for NO reason whatsoever in my point of view, the forum should be a place where banter should be allowed. Banter should not be personal nor should it be abusive I get that, neither of these threads where that, it was just normal run of the mill banter.

I have now asked the moderators to provide "us" forum users with a defined set of rules as to justify them locking threads without reason. I wait on a response but I will not be holding my breath as I expect it to be locked very soon with no justification.

These so called moderators are killing this forum, to that end can I please ask you the game development team, who is it that moderates the moderators to ensure there upholding the forum rules and not just doing there own thing as at the moment it feels like there just add-hock and doing things wily nilly without justification.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. (a screen shot was also provided)
Threads will get locked when they go completely off topic despite efforts to bring them back on subject. They will also get locked when they become abusive or when it is clear that the usual small minority are taking it in that direction.

With respect to the two threads that were locked and 'stickied'. For some reason the system defaulted these to being 'pinned' once locked and I have only today managed to change the authority to get this changed. This has now been done. There was no intention whatsoever to highlight these two threads as suggested and I apologise if that was the interpretation made.
Carshalton Colts :

Threads will get locked when they go completely off topic despite efforts to bring them back on subject. They will also get locked when they become abusive or when it is clear that the usual small minority are taking it in that direction.

With respect to the two threads that were locked and 'stickied'. For some reason the system defaulted these to being 'pinned' once locked and I have only today managed to change the authority to get this changed. This has now been done. There was no intention whatsoever to highlight these two threads as suggested and I apologise if that was the interpretation made.

Can we ask what made them appear to be headed in a bad direction? To be honest we are all extremely confused because they didn't seem to be headed that way at all
Also, why have some posts started to individually be deleted recently. I am gravely concerned, as Liverpool articulated, with recent courses of this forum as a whole
Black Monks :

Moderate rules:
1. We make the rules deal with it.
2. See rule 1.
3. You will never know the rules because the one time we have listed 4 rules I. A forum one of us repeatedly broke at least one of the rules in every single post they made.
4. We will never apologize even if our hypocrisy is both blatant and admitted
5. If we like you say what you want, if we don't then we will ban you.
6. We reserve the right to delete posts that show exactly how corrupt we are
7. We reserve the right to passive aggressively lock posts and make them announcement status so they always stay on the top of threads

Once again, your comments are very unhelpful and completely detract from what the op was trying to achieve.
Carshalton Colts :

Firstly, thank you for your response.

May I point out neither of these threads where off topic and neither where abusive can I please ask what it was that was deemed so bad in either of these threads to warrant them being locked.

Thank you in advance
Some times comments are deleted before you all get to view them because there are abusive you then View thread and think what's all the fuss about
Yes I locked threads but didn't know they were pinned, we as mods are still learning how to use certain things as given no training and find out as and when issues raised.

I think some of you forget children have access to this game it's not just adults. So some times locked in advance of the way the chat is heading nothing stopping you discussing proper issues (family friendly) that relate to game.