Scoring under the posts

It is quite unrealistic for a player to run the length of the pitch, unchallenged, in a breakaway try only to score the try in the corner and not under the posts. If we could sort the mechanics so that players scoring a try will always aim to get the ball down under the sticks. Cheers
It doesn't really matter as you advance levels my kicker can kick over from anywhere in opposition half a million plus it would take extra seconds from the time wich is bad if you want to go for bonus points
I recall that when I first started, the one place my kicker could never land a kick from was straight in front of the posts, so if that's still the same, it would seriously hurt beginners rather than actually help anyone.
Kickers still pretty rubbish early on... Heading for the posts makes sense regardless of level surely?

More frustrating is when your centre makes a clean break in the 79th minute, then punts the ball into touch with 20 unopposed yards to go as the clock turns to 80 (off topic, sorry)
Alquin Academicals :

Kickers still pretty rubbish early on... Heading for the posts makes sense regardless of level surely?

Well no - I found the kicker missed far more from straight in front than from the wings.

More frustrating is when your centre makes a clean break in the 79th minute, then punts the ball into touch with 20 unopposed yards to go as the clock turns to 80 (off topic, sorry)

Normally my prop.