New server idea

05/10/20 11:42
Hello everyone,

Before anything, we'd like to propose you a suggestion and have your feedback.
The idea would be to create a temporary and fast server that would last for example 4 months.
The server would be directly accessible from your regular team.

Server ideas:
- building speed x5
- money earned with buildings x10
- training x3
- 1 league per week, 2 league matches per day (12 teams per league)

At the end of the 4 months, we would reward teams based on a new ranking that would be based on all the records of the team (for exemple even if top 3 would go to a higher league, the 1st would receive more points).
Rewards could be:
- 5000 gold balls for the 1st
- 4000 for the 2nd
- 3000 for the 3rd
- 2000 top 5
- 1000 top 10
- 500 top 100
- 100 top 1000
Rewards would be transfered to the regular team.

An alternative would be to give rewards to all guild members based on a new guild ranking (same calculation than the new team ranking).

Note that if you don't like the idea, we won't do it. Feel free to add your input.

Thanks
07/10/20 08:20
So is this a mini game suggestion to run alongside 5he existing set up unchanged? Or is it a remodelling of the main aspects of the game?
07/10/20 10:02
Need more detail on the proposal. Will it run in parallel with current leagues or in lieu of them? If it is in lieu of them, how could you go back? If done alongside as a mini league, will it be same players?
08/10/20 08:59
It would be better to sort out the game now rather than change things: 1. Get rid of double promotions, top three get money AND training points. 2. Bring in relegation, bottom three go down. 3. Recheck the game engines and learn the laws of the game, I have seen a lot of dodgy tries, forward passes, offsides etc. 4. Change the engine that allows penalties to be conceded for touching the opposition. On occasions the penalty count is too great. 5. Bring in a Clubhouse that you can build and expand earning more money and then spend in the Shop. 6. In the Shop have a morale purchase at 5,10,15% etc. Sometimes, remembering my playing days, a good tactical discussion and speech from the Coach prior to playing was uplifting and inspiring.
Just a few ideas to enhance the current game without need to bring in new changes. I am sure others have far better ideas than me.
08/10/20 08:59
It would be better to sort out the game now rather than change things: 1. Get rid of double promotions, top three get money AND training points. 2. Bring in relegation, bottom three go down. 3. Recheck the game engines and learn the laws of the game, I have seen a lot of dodgy tries, forward passes, offsides etc. 4. Change the engine that allows penalties to be conceded for touching the opposition. On occasions the penalty count is too great. 5. Bring in a Clubhouse that you can build and expand earning more money and then spend in the Shop. 6. In the Shop have a morale purchase at 5,10,15% etc. Sometimes, remembering my playing days, a good tactical discussion and speech from the Coach prior to playing was uplifting and inspiring.
Just a few ideas to enhance the current game without need to bring in new changes. I am sure others have far better ideas than me.
08/10/20 09:59
Abbey Overseas :

Some good ideas from Abbs there, well worth consideration. The game needs a refresh and these ideas will help. Get in there Nitro and use the suggestions from the players.
08/10/20 10:38
It would be a complete 2nd team and everyone would start from scratch. So it would give an opportunity to everyone to play at high levels. Performance of the 2nd team has no impact at all on the 1st one except the gold balls rewards at the very end. 2nd team has different buildings, different guild, different strategy etc (a complete new account).

About Abbey Overseas ideas:
1. Get rid of double promotions, top three get money AND training points
> On the contrary, if we removed double promotions would would have less and less teams at higher leagues (remember 3 years ago we didin't have double promotions)

2. Bring in relegation, bottom three go down.
> Same issue here. There is a difference between theory and reality because here we need to remove inactives teams, so if +2 are level up and 2 are level down, we'll miss teams at the end.

3. Recheck the game engines and learn the laws of the game, I have seen a lot of dodgy tries, forward passes, offsides etc.
> That would be my dream But everytime we change even a very small thing, we receive so much complains, you have no idea.

4. Change the engine that allows penalties to be conceded for touching the opposition. On occasions the penalty count is too great.
> Can you give more details?

5. Bring in a Clubhouse that you can build and expand earning more money and then spend in the Shop.
> You mean another building that produce money?

6. In the Shop have a morale purchase at 5,10,15%
> Yes why not
10/10/20 14:17
I applaud attempts to make things more diverse and interesting, I would certainly take part if this version is available to me.

But it doesn't address the 'real' negative issues that face the game.

1) Communication - I perceive a lack of customer support, judging by the comments made on this Forum and what I have personally heard. Also there is a lack of communication from the developers, regarding gameplay changes etc. There should be a regular patch-notes from the developers, so players feel more valued.

2).Gameplay - There are a few reasons why numbers of players have fallen so dramatically in the last 18 months, but the main reason being that teams with full squads of 'visa' players have been made far too strong and with every update. they become stronger. This means that teams with players from the Auction House (like mine) or half 'visa' teams find the game almost impossible to play at the higher levels, only the die-hards remain. A return to a previous version is needed or soon all that will be left is 4 to 5 levels.

3) Level restructure - New players entering the game start at Level 99(?) They should start at Level 1, or they won't stay (it's psychological), with top being Level 30.

4) Marketing - There has being an opportunity recently (and still is), to bring new players into the game. I have not seen anything promoting the game on the platform I use. In-game it is abysmal, I see the same offers I saw when I started 3 years ago, only the price has changed. Instead of offering 'unknown' players, they could be named. Terminator, Head-Banger, Assassin, would be better than buying a player who is named Ronald. Doing this would not only increase the fun within game, but guaranteed to raise revenue.

I have other issues, but these are the main points - I hope they are passed on. I have played strategy games for years and this has been, by far the best. I hate to see this game dying, through what I perceive as, a lack of care and attention.

Regards.....
13/10/20 20:36
1) Yes I have to admit sometimes it's not optimal

2) Yes we are going to improve the players in the auction house. An alternative could be to create new ways to train players to be able to compete with visa players with hardwork.

3) Our old game Rugby Manager 1 (on web) used that but we noticed a lot of dropouts because of level down. This solution improves drastically the retention of the players even if on the fact it's the same.

4) we did a lot of marketing during confinment and we are still doing some but right now it's very expensive. Note that you won't see it because you are playing (we target only non playing users)

Thanks for the feedback
16/10/20 22:00
Any chance to have a proper half-time after 40min, so the other team can kick off for the 2nd half of the game..

With the current version, the team which kicks off at the start of the game has a huge disadvantage..
you can literally loose a game just because you kick off at the start of the game.. you can spend 80min kicking-off, watching the other team receiving the ball, and directly scoring a try... very frustrating.. and I m pretty sure all players here know what I mean...

Having both teams kicking off during the game would improve the gameplay and make the games more “fair”...