World cup quarterfinals

04/10/17 02:48
So Australia and South Africa end up in a draw, but both seem to be more concerned about growing with an eye on Japan and both have players out. So who would you all says gets the most benefit from the missing players, namely faf de klerk, Jaco kriel and david pocock?
04/10/17 04:02
Black Monks :

So Australia and South Africa end up in a draw, but both seem to be more concerned about growing with an eye on Japan and both have players out. So who would you all says gets the most benefit from the missing players, namely faf de klerk, Jaco kriel and david pocock?

South africa will be the stronger team in the long run i think
04/10/17 06:31
I think Australia just because they can raise their game further in a cup scenario. We will need to keep an important eye on the Autumn Internationals in Europe to better judge.
26/11/17 03:41
Black Monks :

How does everyone have the international sides ranked as of today (not where you think each team will be during the world cup. Also, disregard the pool of death etc so just top 8 and how they rank. We had a nice chat in BIA about this and look forward to more thought. I think 3-7 is real interesting.

1. New Zealand (shocker)
8. Argentina

4. Australia
5. Ireland

3. South Africa
6. France

2. England
7. Wales

Where does everyone land after today's matches?
1. New Zealand
8. France/fiji/Argentina (seems nobody wants this spot)

4. Wales
5. Scotland

3. Ireland
6. Australia

2. England
7. South Africa
26/11/17 10:08
Black Monks :

Black Monks :

How does everyone have the international sides ranked as of today (not where you think each team will be during the world cup. Also, disregard the pool of death etc so just top 8 and how they rank. We had a nice chat in BIA about this and look forward to more thought. I think 3-7 is real interesting.

1. New Zealand (shocker)
8. Argentina

4. Australia
5. Ireland

3. South Africa
6. France

2. England
7. Wales

Where does everyone land after today's matches?
1. New Zealand
8. France/fiji/Argentina (seems nobody wants this spot)

4. Wales
5. Scotland

3. Ireland
6. Australia

2. England
7. South Africa

I would swap the scots with wales and for 8 i would put Japan as a bolter with home ground advantage
26/11/17 14:56
Not bad, and I'm disregarding pool selection as everyone can tell, this is purely a ranking game for me. I thought Japan had a good draw 2 weeks ago, but scotland is going to be significantly better than I realized two weeks ago. But I look forward to the Scots v Japan as their styles are somewhat similar.
29/11/17 00:50
Right now i put France nowhere....
30/11/17 13:41
On form I would say:

1 Ireland
2 England
3 New Zealand
4 Scotland
5 Australia
6 France
7 Wales
8 South Africa

But taking into account reputation and a 12/18 month period I would go:

1 New Zealand
2 England
3 Ireland
4 Australia
5 France
6 South Africa
7 Scotland
8 Wales

Argentina being ninth on both lists; Italy are struggling to show themselves superior to any of the main Rugby Pacific Islands or Georgia and indeed on current form, Romania.