Try to get my QB to drop back to pass, but now he runs forward.

First, thanks for the update and the pass timer. But when I use the edit screen, he does just as my title says. Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks!
The QB can go back, it depends on the opponent defense I think.
It seems rather random, I have tested it a few times. I am still a lower level, so maybe as players get better, I can figure this out. Thanks for the reply, and the game!
I have noticed it being random. I was testing out the passing delay (and various passing routes) in one formation only against a team that ran a basic anti pro defense. I ran one specific play 5 times against this opponent, two times the QB stepped into the offensive line and was sacked, twice he dropped back as normal and threw after the delay and one throw was an immediate throw at the line of scrimmage as soon as the ball was snapped (no delay).
Thanks you for your detailed feedback, we will have a look on this point.
I have tried many things too, and still really random like the Guest said. More often than not, especially with a pass delay, the qb runs forward. I even tried back going diagonally. Hope this gets fixed soon! Thanks again.
Pass delay is jacked. I understand it's a new game, but I'm quickly losing interest and embarrassed to invite more people to play in the current state. Development does take time, but compared to other games I play this one is lagging behind.