Making the game more closely related to Football

13/10/16 17:19
At some point are the skills and play by play going to be worked on to use terminology from American football? I would be happy to help with it.
14/10/16 14:09
Which texts would you like to improve ?
27/10/16 03:33
Personallly, I would do only one kind of acceleration, a player's speed does not change just because of the type of action being taken. A KR should run the same if he is covering a punt, or returning a kick off.

General - Bio (or information)
Attack skills - Offensive skills
Defense skills - Defensive skills
Physical and mental - General (or universal)

Offensive Skills:
Pass accuracy - no change; Accuracy for short?
Pass force - Pass strength; Arm strength
Pass distance accuracy - Touch
Kick accuracy - no change
Kick force - Kick Power
Dodge - undecided as this idea combines both a juke move and a spin move concept of avoiding being tackled. I guess you could tag it as "Spin/Juke"
Penetration force - Break Tackle (assuming this skill is designed for the ball carrier only)
Control - Hands; Receiving (should be useful for LB CB and S defensively)
Reception range - personally not sure what type of American football concept you are trying to emulate here. This could be a "Jump" category indicating the vertical range a player has to catch a pass. (Also useful for LB CB and S defensively)
**could use "Route Running" if the intent is to indicate the ability of the receiver to get open.**
Kick Reception - Kick Return
Kick reception range - unknown. Kick return typically encompasses a player's ability to both catch the kick as well as the range a player has to successfully catch a kick.
Anti fumble - Carry
Blocking - no change. You could split this into two categories of run block/pass block down the road.

Defensive Skills:
Force fumble - Hit Power;
Tackle - no change
Anti dodge - Awareness (not great, but best that I came up with)
***** other ideas for defensive skills****
Block Shedding: the ability to fight through blocks
Swat/Pass Defense: the ability to prevent a pass completion - non turnover related by itself, but potentially turnover related when combined with the hands skill.
Interception - full defensive version of hands
Pass Rush - ability to sack the QB

General/Universal Skills:
Acceleration
Toughness
Speed
Stamina

*Strength- I would be fine if injuries were determined by how "healthy" a player is through his toughness rating alone, but based upon the game definition, the skill would belong in the same category as its opposite, toughness.
27/10/16 11:34
Thank you very much