Delete question

02/07/17 16:38
I am truly trying to understand and be 100% respectful of rules. Can someone explain why my post explaining differences of opinions was deleted? I am genuinely trying to calm waters and seeking to understand. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, the optics look odd at best currently and I would like clarification. Thanks in advance
02/07/17 19:11
My clumsy fingers - didn't mean to delete it. That said, I'm afraid it wasn't actually helpful as there was already a definitive response - it wasn't actually a debate and there was no benefit in anyone else getting involved on what was a bit of troublemaking from a serial repeat offender. Having deleted it rather than replying to it, that actually seemed a perfectly appropriate resolution to the whole thing. I accept entirely that you were acting as you thought best, and the accidental deletion of your post and my comments here are not intended to suggest anything else.
02/07/17 19:27
I'm glad it was a mistake, I was shocked that something meant 100% as help to prevent further division between the two of you would be deleted. If the debate was over you could have locked the thread instead of waiting 5+ hours. I agree with you waspy, in this forum everyone, including mods, has a right to speak. I was simply pointing out that the master's statement would be correct in plenty of forum communities as the expectation is what he stated and it's agreed upon. We are an international community here and what 5 people think is extremely helpful might be found to be useless by 10 others and blatantly offensive by 5 others. Good communication to encourage understanding is a positive attribute in such diverse communities.