Bug when an opponent leaves a tournament game

31/08/18 23:45
Peanut Butta :

Hi Made,
My mission, this week is simple, to try to catch you with your 'pants down'. Lol. May restrict you to just to 30pts!

Hi KotJ,
when I play friendlies, I try to ensure that teams are not less than 10% energy than me. The early games against you, I probably had a 5-10% advantage. If you look at my schedule, at that time, I played other 'Rugga Mugga's', my energy was a lot lower than theirs. Btw I have stopped ffing around, what you see is what you get, apart from minor alterations.
The games I have played this evening, all were equal energies, hence the different results (from the morning). I have been examining one strat (not att/def spacing, they have been the same throughout). I noticed the games against you, normal service has been resumed, lol. I have currently lvl 1 shop stuff, across the board. One game against 'Ooligan (I think without looking) I lost heavily, slightly changed the one strat and there was like a 50 pt swing immediately.
I haven't noticed a difference in friendlies. although some are skewed. Maybe someone has mentioned this before, I haven't seen it.
When you play a higher level team in a friendly, you get a bonus something akin to MB. This doesn't apply to a competitive game (ie GC), then there is about a 20pt swing to teams 10 levels higher. I wish this was sorted, it's frustrating!
You may know this already, if not, it's something I have tested frequently in Rugby and Football (5 lvls). (Same game engine)

Cheers......

ps. There is randomness in the game, especially with closely matched teams. If you can remember the cup-tie we played, I had kick-off, the ball (randomly) went out, I won the line-out and gained the advantage. If your no1 had caught the ball, it would have been a different result.

Thanks for the response.
I actually didn t know that you get some sort of bonus when you play against a higher level team in friendlies. Interesting. I will definitely do some tests.

Agree, we have always seen some sort of randomness (lineouts having obviously a huge impact on the outcome of the game).
I just heard many high level players complaining in the last few days on this topic.. so I was curious to know if you have seen any difference when playing against me. I haven t launched a friendly for couple of days, so I am not able to notice any difference... I was just surprised to see the huge swing in points from one game to the other.

Looking forward to seeing you in one of my tournaments
(For now, I get king of dollar/kwagga for the 3rd time in a row in my tournament)
01/09/18 00:04
Yeah, I watched, lol, good win.
Being the second best player in my Guild, I'm used to taking on opponents lvld higher than me. I play friendlies against them, usually immediately before the real match. (Same with the footy). Props (our best) already had his suspicions, which were confirmed, when I mentioned this, independently.
It is more noticeable in the footy. (3-4 goal swing against 5 lvls above)
01/09/18 00:15
Haha, Apparently, we had a public haha.
Ok, Very interesting! (and well done for spotting it). (I don t play at football manager, I tried one season but didn t like it..)
I also take opponents leveled higher than me.. but I stopped playing friendlies before, as couple of times I won the friendly and lost the real game.. which was frustrating.. hahaha.
So now I go all-in directly... I push all my chips on the table... and see if my opponent has a bluff or a Royal flush..
01/09/18 00:40
Good luck guys. Hope we come across each other in the ranking games... looks like KOTJ is already pushing the top 500. I am taking that part easy for the time being. Maybe another season and I'll push for top 100. There is no rush. The game will get a lot tougher for me very soon!
01/09/18 01:00
Thx Made,
Seems like your pants are never down, but I'm watching.

Cheers.
01/09/18 13:41
Good luck to you Made,
With a bit of luck, I will see you on my map for a ranking game tomorrow.. (hopefully you will leave your B team... with a losing strat... after a 4 hour training.. I will be watching...).
But as you said, no real rush on this part... There s no player below level 69 in the top 100..
No doubt that you ll get surrounded by visa players very soon... You better roll up your sleeves..
05/09/18 00:20
Has the tourney bug been fixed? I haven't experienced it recently
05/09/18 00:42
I think your question has been answered in the next thread.
05/09/18 01:26
Yep, lol