GC Challenge Cag v Spuit

03/12/23 03:09
Simons Spud Slingers :

Caernarfon RFC :

Simons Spud Slingers :

Caernarfon RFC :

Not here to gloat at all, not my style , and i was also absent but the final win. la Cag are back that was a huge win.

Well played. ‘One swallow doesn’t make a summer’.

Totally agree unless we back this up with 3/4 wins against the champs, it will have been for nothing. I hate losing and I hope you understand that I have been doing my very best behind the scenes to get the guild competitive again.

I’m sure you have. To be fair you look a much stronger guild than us this season, but we haven’t given up. See you on Tuesday.

Im not taking anything for granted, youve got a great offline strat on at the moment , took me some thought and time to crack it. Be good if you came over for a visit some time.
03/12/23 03:09
Simons Spud Slingers :

Caernarfon RFC :

Simons Spud Slingers :

Caernarfon RFC :

Not here to gloat at all, not my style , and i was also absent but the final win. la Cag are back that was a huge win.

Well played. ‘One swallow doesn’t make a summer’.

Totally agree unless we back this up with 3/4 wins against the champs, it will have been for nothing. I hate losing and I hope you understand that I have been doing my very best behind the scenes to get the guild competitive again.

I’m sure you have. To be fair you look a much stronger guild than us this season, but we haven’t given up. See you on Tuesday.

Im not taking anything for granted, youve got a great offline strat on at the moment , took me some thought and time to crack it. Be good if you came over for a visit some time.
03/12/23 03:11
Cougars (Dave) :

Thank you for the challenge Spuitpoep. It was a mighty challenge for Cag and we did well. Looking forward to more

I've been fortunate enough to play for both sides and help both sides to victory. This is a bitter-sweet pill to swallow. Thank you both La Cag and Spuitpoep

Dave its good to have a friendly rivalry isnt it. Its a shame theres only 2 competitive guilds really. We need to kick on now. Like many from both guilds were now the elder statesmen of the game, and still doing it since season 1.
03/12/23 20:24
The game probably only have enough competitive players for 3 really strong guilds. 2 have been made, the rest choose loyalty to their respective guilds rather than just joining the best. Would love to see the best vs the rest.
03/12/23 21:31
Guest FA8WHT :

The game probably only have enough competitive players for 3 really strong guilds. 2 have been made, the rest choose loyalty to their respective guilds rather than just joining the best. Would love to see the best vs the rest.

Interesting one. See if you can get the rest together then.
Incidentally there is plenty of loyalty in Spuitpoep too. Some of those players have been there for years through good and bad. I don’t feel we are fabricated to be honest. I first joined about 18 months ago but have been playing the game for 8 years this month. I was loyal to my friends in a lower guild for a long time. I decided before I retired that I would finally like to join a top guild. I did and have enjoyed it so much I’m still here. I think we at Spuitpoep can be proud of what we have achieved. We were probably 3rd best back than but the foundations were laid. As other guilds folded, top players that remained in the game decided to join us. We have never destroyed other guilds and have in fact helped them by loaning players to them. We worked hard to get to number 1 and even harder to remain there. Yes we needed top players otherwise Cag would have remained number 1 for ever. That didn’t seem right. We set some goals and have achieved them. Players have joined and players have left. This will carry on. Hopefully other guilds will improve and keep the game alive, surely that’s what we want. There are 3/4 maybe who are not far away. We actually only have 13 top level players this season, the guild we are playing today have 6. Good luck to all guilds I say, let’s keep this game going and instead of slating a guild for being number 1 for a long time, try and copy the model and improve yourself. Plenty of our ex players are around in other guilds so they know how it works. Sorry for the essay. Keep playing and enjoy.
04/12/23 02:10
Simons Spud Slingers :

Guest FA8WHT :

Incidentally there is plenty of loyalty in Spuitpoep too. Some of those players have been there for years through good and bad. I don’t feel we are fabricated to be honest. I first joined about 18 months ago but have been playing the game for 8 years this month. I was loyal to my friends in a lower guild for a long time. I decided before I retired that I would finally like to join a top guild. I did and have enjoyed it so much I’m still here. I think we at Spuitpoep can be proud of what we have achieved. We were probably 3rd best back than but the foundations were laid. As other guilds folded, top players that remained in the game decided to join us. We have never destroyed other guilds and have in fact helped them by loaning players to them. We worked hard to get to number 1 and even harder to remain there. Yes we needed top players otherwise Cag would have remained number 1 for ever. That didn’t seem right. We set some goals and have achieved them. Players have joined and players have left. This will carry on. Hopefully other guilds will improve and keep the game alive, surely that’s what we want. There are 3/4 maybe who are not far away. We actually only have 13 top level players this season, the guild we are playing today have 6. Good luck to all guilds I say, let’s keep this game going and instead of slating a guild for being number 1 for a long time, try and copy the model and improve yourself. Plenty of our ex players are around in other guilds so they know how it works. Sorry for the essay. Keep playing and enjoy.

Well spoken elder statesman.
04/12/23 19:27
Simons Spud Slingers :

Guest FA8WHT :

Spuitpoep should absolutely be proud of what they've achieved and i have nothing against Spuitpoep. Great guild, great players and great guys. However don't be naive to the damage that Spuitpoep has done to other guilds. Befriending a guild, Loaning a top lvl player in return for a lvl below player. Only for that player to leave eventually and the top lvl player never to return to his former guild. When you don't have 20+ teams that can reach top lvl at anytime it's a motivation killer. Becomes a chain reaction of other decent players just retiring because they give up on trying to build a competitive guild. Always 1 step forward 2 steps back.
04/12/23 23:08
Guest FA8WHT :

Simons Spud Slingers :

Guest FA8WHT :

Spuitpoep should absolutely be proud of what they've achieved and i have nothing against Spuitpoep. Great guild, great players and great guys. However don't be naive to the damage that Spuitpoep has done to other guilds. Befriending a guild, Loaning a top lvl player in return for a lvl below player. Only for that player to leave eventually and the top lvl player never to return to his former guild. When you don't have 20+ teams that can reach top lvl at anytime it's a motivation killer. Becomes a chain reaction of other decent players just retiring because they give up on trying to build a competitive guild. Always 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Its inevitable that most teams want to play for the best guild. Its the same in real rugby, players want to play for the best teams, in the best leagues.
11/12/23 04:41
I must apologise to Spit for a poor attempt La Cag made in the last GC, and congrats on a victory. La Cag has some great teams and people, however they have some teams who cant be bothered and for that reason Ive left. Cougars shares my disappointment as with our current members we should have been winning every gc.
11/12/23 10:30
Thanks to Spitpoep for the invite. However I do not feel that it would do the game any good as your guild is already strong enough. I hope you understand.