Game stretegy

07/10/15 09:09
Does changing the game stretegy options really make a lot of difference. I try playing with a number of changes but can't see any benefit. Can it be influential enough to let you beat a team of higher quality.
And what's the real level higher that you can expect to beat. 2 points average better, 5?
08/10/15 15:22
OK. I'm going to change my question. I guess strategy is important because I must have set something wrong on mine as I am getting torn apart by teams that have a lower average than mine. asm, quality 13.5, just thrashed me 26-0, but my quality is 14.93. I seem to be going backwards. But how can you tell what is going wrong and what to change.
08/10/15 16:23
Hahaha. Excellent. I have the opposite problem. I keep beating teams that on paper should be far better than me. The issue is I do not really know why. Or more to the point, what Am I doing right?
08/10/15 17:26
Prefer to be in your situation! Every tweak I have made seems to have made things worse. Four days ago I was beating better teams. Now I think I'd struggle against Plymouth Boys School
08/10/15 23:25
Very frustrating. What do all the different options mean? Nothing seems to change. By changing the individual strategies so it's high makes no difference. Does it make them do it less or more often when the bar is all the way to the right? Even if you change the players strategy it doesn't seem to change
09/10/15 08:37
The help section gives you what the options do, although some I am not sure of (reverse defence?) but it can be hard to know which way the bar moves to make what changes. As far as I can make out whatever tweak I make it just makes it worse!
I have realized that the averages are misleading. They are the average of the entire squad not the 1st team. So if a squad has a lot of players then an average might be low while the 1st team is made up of high level players. But even so I still think I'm losing when I shouldn't.
Overall I like the game but this might become a deal breaker in a few days as I am going to become frustrated.