Ditch friendlies, increase challenge games

12/09/19 23:41
I vote that friendlies be reserved as an inguild resource for building strats and that the 10-minute rule after friendlies be ditched to stop any blocking.

I then think that the traditional friendly game should be replaced by unlimited map challenge games but with a restriction whereby you can only play 2 or possibly 3 games against any one team in a 24 hour period. The 10-minute rule could stay in effect also to restrict how many challenges you receive. Or possibly impose a limit of only 4 challenges received per hour (with no addiitonal restrictions on how many teams you may challenge however).

This would achieve 4 things:
1) The end of the ridiculous dummy strat in friendlies - totally pointless aspect of the game
2) A massive increase in competitiveness in the top 100, which is terribly stagnated at the moment, especially the top 10
3) Huge swings in fan numbers, which in itself, is quite fun
4) An opportunity to play competitive rugby against other teams without them hiding their strats all the time.

What d'ya think?
18/09/19 14:10
Wales_RM :

I vote that friendlies be reserved as an inguild resource for building strats and that the 10-minute rule after friendlies be ditched to stop any blocking.

I then think that the traditional friendly game should be replaced by unlimited map challenge games but with a restriction whereby you can only play 2 or possibly 3 games against any one team in a 24 hour period. The 10-minute rule could stay in effect also to restrict how many challenges you receive. Or possibly impose a limit of only 4 challenges received per hour (with no addiitonal restrictions on how many teams you may challenge however).

This would achieve 4 things:
1) The end of the ridiculous dummy strat in friendlies - totally pointless aspect of the game
2) A massive increase in competitiveness in the top 100, which is terribly stagnated at the moment, especially the top 10
3) Huge swings in fan numbers, which in itself, is quite fun
4) An opportunity to play competitive rugby against other teams without them hiding their strats all the time.

What d'ya think?

I like it, but Shite Nitro would only make the change if they made money out of it. It would certainly put some spark back into a dying game.