Guild Memebrs

12/09/19 22:53
So, the game has become pretty stale with regards to which guilds stay at the top, basically if you ain't in the obvious 2 guilds then you ain't ever gonna be in a #1 guild. So, why not cap the amount of top level players you are allowed in a guild?

Maybe like this:
Top level: 5 players max
2nd top: 5 players max
3rd top: 5 players max

Then the other 10 players from outside of the top 3 leagues. This would open up the guild rankings. There are obvious holes in this thinking, but the idea is to split up the top level players and have them playing in different guilds. Sure there would be more alliances or feeder guilds, fine, but there wouldn't be 1 or 2 top guilds anymore and the types of guilds you play would differ more than they do now.
12/09/19 23:29
I like it!

You would end up creating a bunch of Damage, Marvel, Cag, Beasts etc guilds with pretty even strength in them, all fighting it out in the rankings. There would be quite a lot of movement most likely between guilds between seasons, but that is something I like the idea of too.

I would support a ticket campaign for this if you wanted to start one Jim
12/09/19 23:33
I will look at it dude, probably tomorrow or the weekend when I have more time.
12/09/19 23:45
Of course, there is then the thorny issue of match-fixing in the guild challenges when, say, 2 La Cag guilds play each other.

Perhaps there needs to be more of a structure to the whole ranking system? Perhaps pools and knock-out stages with guilds under the same brand being split into different pools? Kind of like a world cup type scenario, but the pools are based on a challenge points range?

As with the championships, the fixing would only really be a problem in the top range of pools perhaps so they are really the only ones that would need to be policed a bit better to make sure they are all kept in separate pools.

The rankings can be seasonal that way. You have the finalist and runner up etc as 1 and 2 in the rankings for the range. Then there could be promotion and relegation from one range to another perhaps?
12/09/19 23:59
Another option would be to have 2 divisions. The top division would consist of a given number of guilds split into pools with a knock-out stage after the pool stage. There could also be a relegation play-off stage at the same time as the winners knock-out stage.

The losers of the division 1 relegation play-off stage go down to division 2. The losers of the division 2 relegation play-off get relegated out of the divisions and the guild with the next highest challenge points takes their place in division 2.

Conversely, the winners of the winners' knock-out stage of division 2 get promoted to division 1. The winners of division 1 are ranked world no. 1 for the season.

Below division 2, guild challenges are paired and played as they currently are.
13/09/19 00:03
The other really interesting element to this is that some guilds may simply have an excess of teams that are too high level to be in any of the guilds under a given brand. There could therefore be some kind of transfer window where other guilds offer you the chance to join them.

The bottom line is that the game has become as boring as f*ck. Totally stagnated as you say. A radical shake-up needs to happen if it is to survive. So many teams have quit and many more are talking about quitting by the day. There won't be a game left to play at the top at this rate, especially after lvl 100 when, I suspect, a huge number of old timers will hang up their mobile phones, keyboards and virtual boots.
13/09/19 00:26
I've just thought of how the game could really easily split guilds under the same banner up into different pools too. You basically have different colour jerseys. So, for example:

La Cag guilds all play in Blue, Damage in Dark Green, Marvel in Red, Juggers in Yellow, OoB in Pink, Gros Cons in Violet, Arena in Black and so on and so forth. Then, when the game generates the pools, it limits the number of guilds wearing the same colour jersey as much as possible in each pool.

It would be a nice touch if the dots on the screen reflected the colour of the guild family jersey too.
15/09/19 16:21
i could see alot of people within the top guilds fixing the system to deliberately drop a tier or two just so they can remain as one and have the star players battling it out for the top places
15/09/19 19:08
Ashley Longthorn :

i could see alot of people within the top guilds fixing the system to deliberately drop a tier or two just so they can remain as one and have the star players battling it out for the top places

There are definitely holes in the ideas that need more input to plug them, but unless they change the game radically after lvl 100, I fear so many people will retire that it will become financially unviable. It needs a real change just to incentivise people to keep playing.
18/09/19 14:20
Wales_RM :

The other really interesting element to this is that some guilds may simply have an excess of teams that are too high level to be in any of the guilds under a given brand. There could therefore be some kind of transfer window where other guilds offer you the chance to join them.

The bottom line is that the game has become as boring as f*ck. Totally stagnated as you say. A radical shake-up needs to happen if it is to survive. So many teams have quit and many more are talking about quitting by the day. There won't be a game left to play at the top at this rate, especially after lvl 100 when, I suspect, a huge number of old timers will hang up their mobile phones, keyboards and virtual boots.

I've had that thought about Level 100 for some time, for my own departure. Stagnation, Shite Nitro's greed and the fixing by the few all mean that if you aren't in, you'll never make the top league. The playing field just isn't level and probably never was. SNEXIT