Newcomers excluded from GCs

07/08/18 19:05
I think it would be a good idea if all newcomers were not allowed to participate in GCs. That way, if someone is on reprimand in the guild for bad behaviour and/or breaking GC rules etc etc, they can be demoted to newcomer by the right hands and leaders to serve a 1 (or more) GC yellow card. A real punishment basically.
07/08/18 22:16
+1
07/08/18 22:51
I get your point Wales. But don’t forget that for every newcomer in one of the guilds, there may be a team from the other guild missing out on the chance to play.
07/08/18 23:26
Clash of clans has had the ability to pick the number of people from you clan to be in the battle for 5 years, you get matched with others who also want to do the same number. I would hope they could figure this out
08/08/18 05:14
I like it
08/08/18 12:18
Guest G8SUU3 :

I think it would be a good idea if all newcomers were not allowed to participate in GCs. That way, if someone is on reprimand in the guild for bad behaviour and/or breaking GC rules etc etc, they can be demoted to newcomer by the right hands and leaders to serve a 1 (or more) GC yellow card. A real punishment basically.

So, you want to punish ALL 'newcomers'! What about the new teams, who have just started the game? Or ones' who have left another Guild for a genuine reason?
08/08/18 12:38
Peanut Butta :

Guest G8SUU3 :

So, you want to punish ALL 'newcomers'! What about the new teams, who have just started the game? Or ones' who have left another Guild for a genuine reason?

Perhaps you misunderstand. When you are in a guild, there are 4 statuses that you can have. Newcomer (automatic when you first join or rejoin a guild), Experienced, Right Hands (do the admin and police the guild generally) and Leaders (general oversight, guild long-term strategy and guild relations with other guilds). At the moment, the only real difference between Newcomer and Experienced is that they can't invite people.

Regarding the ones who have left a guild for a genuine reason, when they join a new guild they are excluded from playing a GC game for 48 hours anyway, so I'm not quite getting your point there. In those 48 hours, a right hand will just make the player Experienced and he's in the next GC (unless he's yellow-cared right away for being a douche, chop, dick or English of course!)
08/08/18 12:44
We are the Hutchie :

I get your point Wales. But don’t forget that for every newcomer in one of the guilds, there may be a team from the other guild missing out on the chance to play.

This is a stumbling block I agree.

I'd be tempted to say then that the opposing guild should get to play at full strength and your guild's newcomers are still excluded and the other guys have to take up the slack. Extra umph to the yellow card. In fact a yellow card is supposed to do exactly that - hand advantage to the other team by having a mismatch in numbers.

Probably most guilds would refrain from using it in those cases, but it would be a good way to keep the more troublesome members in line a bit maybe? Something to make them sit up and take notice once in a while.
08/08/18 12:45
Black Monks :

Clash of clans has had the ability to pick the number of people from you clan to be in the battle for 5 years, you get matched with others who also want to do the same number. I would hope they could figure this out

Don't get me started on the pairing system. Such a nightmare. The only time you seem to pair with a strong guild is when you yourself are a weaker or weakened guild. Awfully frustrating.
08/08/18 13:21
Guest G8SUU3 :

Peanut Butta :

Guest G8SUU3 :

Perhaps you misunderstand. When you are in a guild, there are 4 statuses that you can have. Newcomer (automatic when you first join or rejoin a guild), Experienced, Right Hands (do the admin and police the guild generally) and Leaders (general oversight, guild long-term strategy and guild relations with other guilds). At the moment, the only real difference between Newcomer and Experienced is that they can't invite people.

Regarding the ones who have left a guild for a genuine reason, when they join a new guild they are excluded from playing a GC game for 48 hours anyway, so I'm not quite getting your point there. In those 48 hours, a right hand will just make the player Experienced and he's in the next GC (unless he's yellow-cared right away for being a douche, chop, dick or English of course!)

Hi Guest
Perhaps you misunderstand.
So, a new player enters the game. He joins a Guild. He is now a 'newcomer'

And I quote: 'I think it would be a good idea if all newcomers were not allowed to participate in GCs.'

So, my points remain intact. I gather from your post you are not English, perhaps you need a better grasp of the language. Or at least improve your reading 'skills'.