Welsh Ranking Tournament

04/07/18 22:44
Hi Guys,

Doing a Welsh top 10 got me thinking, why don't we have some sort of cross-guild Welsh ranking tournament between ourselves? Just for fun to sort out some sort of pecking order?

Could do home (you challenge) and away (they challenge) games for 3 different types of matches to cover the full range of abilities:

1. Offline v Offline
2. Online v Offline
3. Online v Online

Online - with subs. Offline - no subs.

We could have a window of say 8pm to 9pm every day for a week for the games and you'd only have to organise the online v online times so you can both sub. No MB as it is friendlies, no handicap for level difference, just pure ability on where you are now. It would be your responsibility to make sure that you are match fit during the window every day (i.e. energy/morale etc).

Welsh flags only.

Scores could be posted here perhaps. We could also set up a WhatsApp group to make communication easier?

What do you think guys?

If you like the idea, respond with your team name and guild. Also PM me your phone number me so I can start and add you a Welsh RM WhatsApp group so we can discuss further.

Wales (Damage Inc)

Editing OP with the proposed format:

Welsh RM Ranking Tournament - START DATE TO BE DECIDED ONCE WE HAVE A DECENT NUMBER OF TEAMS SIGNED UP. 5 HAVE SIGNED UP AND JOINED THE WHATSAPP GROUP SO FAR.

• Play each team a total of 3 times, once per type of match
• Types of match: 1. Offline v Offline 2. Online v Offline 3. Online v Online (Offline = no subs, Online = subs)
• Window for playing types 1 and 2 matches: 8pm to 9pm every day for the tournament week. For type 3 online v online matches, organise a suitable time with your opponent to play when you are both online (the WhatsApp group would be ideal for this)
• If you can’t pin down your opponent after the 3rd time of asking, you may play Online v Offline during the daily tournament window. Let’s try to avoid this
• No subbing in defence unless it is a pre-arranged Online v Online game
• If you don’t play you don’t get the points for that match
• Keep a record of your wins and draws next to your name here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12pzOrNDg51bH1In8W0ZHNCnRO-HrJ_sVFkv3xLaIpFA/edit?usp=sharing. The points column will automatically update as you update your wins and draws but FYI – it’s 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
• No handicap for level differences, this is a ranking tournament based purely on current ability
• It is your responsibility to ensure your team is match fit during the daily tournament windows (i.e. morale, energy and right strat). No excuses
• Only play each team ONCE PER TYPE OF MATCH during the daily tournament window. No re-runs, first game counts
• Policy of Honesty – keep your own scores, get it right, be honest
• Be as available as possible to people asking you for an online game
• Spread the word to other Welsh teams and get them in the WhatsApp group. The link for joining the WhatsApp group is: https://chat.whatsapp.com/H7Z1gafXT543Yk5ks5dFPR. Please introduce yourself with your RM team name and guild when you join.
• Welsh flags only (sorry guys, just for this tournament, nothing personal)
• Ignore the rankings for now, we’ll update based on points at the end of the week.
• Have fun
04/07/18 22:51
I'm in. Don't know how to pm you though. Has lc bears got your number? I could get it off him and message or you could get mine from him?
04/07/18 22:55
Hi Dread - I just realised that there is indeed no way to PM people!

The best way is going to be word of mouth for phone numbers and as people join the group I'll make them admin right away so they can add other Welsh people they know and who are interested. We actively can try to find people who know people too.

I'll create the group now and will ask LC Bears for your phone number to add you. I have the numbers of Baglan, Inbreds and maybe a couple of others - I have All Grays' number, but don't think he even has WhatsApp
04/07/18 23:01
Cool.
We need Ystradgynlais, Caernarfon, jagures and ravens to really.
If it comes to it we can make a Facebook page and swap numbers on there. Or you could join our multi guild face book group, I. F. C. sparring and associates. Also good for many heal kits if you do that.
Will need a name for approval purposes.
04/07/18 23:08
Got your number. Sent message
04/07/18 23:23
This thread is by far the best I've ever read welldone boys
04/07/18 23:33
Dragon blade :

So are you in?? I need to get your number somehow. Is anyone in your guild on the facebook heals circuit that I can reach out to for you to pass your number on? We currently have 4 in the WhatsApp group and I am just about to reach out to WES (world elite squad).

Wales. (Damage Inc)
04/07/18 23:38
Dragon blade :

Our Facebook page for multi guild is 'I.F.C. sparring and associates', put your name on here and request to join mate, we'll get chatting and allways good for extra heal kits.
04/07/18 23:39
If anyone knows lestah tigers, I know he doesn't like me but tell him to pass my number on to ravens. Ta
04/07/18 23:42
Dreadlocked warriors :

Dragon blade :

Our Facebook page for multi guild is 'I.F.C. sparring and associates', put your name on here and request to join mate, we'll get chatting and allways good for extra heal kits.

Yes I suppose facebook is another way to go for organising this, but if we can keep it to one WhatsApp group that may be simpler. Perhaps we can find each other on facebook to exchange phone numbers?