Random subbing

07/03/17 22:57
#2 running back in Pro Form gets hurt, so the computer subs for him. Which is normal. But at the same time it subs out a different running back (in wishbone) who was not hurt AND subs for a safety, who was also not hurt. It appears the computer is deciding that a higher star player should be in the game even though that player was on the bench for a reason. It appears to be a new glitch as I have not seen it before. I have noticed it twice now, though not the same. Today it was a hurt running back, and also another RB who was not hurt. None of the players are the same so it is not just replacing them in multiple formations.
09/03/17 06:01
I think it's more of an AH thing than an injury thing. Whenever I get a random sub like that, it's always a guy who I recently bought (although the AI does make weird subs for injury that I have to correct- probably stems from the devs being more focused on two-direction sports, they likely coded it for best overall player rather than specialization).
10/03/17 14:26
While I agree that the computer subs in the highest rated player regardless of specific position, the AH angle sounds like voodoo. The players subbed in were just the highest star rating that could play the position. It seems like a bit of code that does not react exactly as they had planned. But also the last few times I have had injuries the comp. only subbed in for that position, as it should. An inconsistent quirk or maybe it has been addressed. Though I cannot say with any certainty since I have not seen a response from a mod. hint hint...
10/03/17 18:51
Mods don't have access to the code so I'm quietly watching lol

If it does go bonkers again log a support ticket with the match details where you noticed it. I saw this happen a couple seasons back and thought I went dumb and forgot that I subbed players but I havent seen it since.
10/03/17 21:34
Ok, thanks for the heads up, qBall.