Newcomers excluded from GCs

08/08/18 13:27
Peanut Butta :

Guest G8SUU3 :

Peanut Butta :

Guest G8SUU3 :

I think it would be a good idea if all newcomers were not allowed to participate in GCs. That way, if someone is on reprimand in the guild for bad behaviour and/or breaking GC rules etc etc, they can be demoted to newcomer by the right hands and leaders to serve a 1 (or more) GC yellow card. A real punishment basically.

So, you want to punish ALL 'newcomers'! What about the new teams, who have just started the game? Or ones' who have left another Guild for a genuine reason?

Perhaps you misunderstand. When you are in a guild, there are 4 statuses that you can have. Newcomer (automatic when you first join or rejoin a guild), Experienced, Right Hands (do the admin and police the guild generally) and Leaders (general oversight, guild long-term strategy and guild relations with other guilds). At the moment, the only real difference between Newcomer and Experienced is that they can't invite people.

Regarding the ones who have left a guild for a genuine reason, when they join a new guild they are excluded from playing a GC game for 48 hours anyway, so I'm not quite getting your point there. In those 48 hours, a right hand will just make the player Experienced and he's in the next GC (unless he's yellow-cared right away for being a douche, chop, dick or English of course!)

Hi Guest
Perhaps you misunderstand.
So, a new player enters the game. He joins a Guild. He is now a 'newcomer'

And I quote: 'I think it would be a good idea if all newcomers were not allowed to participate in GCs.'

So, my points remain intact. I gather from your post you are not English, perhaps you need a better grasp of the language. Or perhaps improve your reading skills.

Correct. I am from God's own little acre, the land of song, the green, green, grass of home and the place where the team doesn't crash out of its world cup it is hosting (notwithstanding the contribution to that very fact made in no small measure by our team)

Oh, and my reading skills are just fine and dandy, thank you very much

I'll humour you nonetheless, it appears you need the help. I quote myself for emphasis:

On first joining a guild, a newcomer, drum roll... is... drum roll intensifies with perhaps the interjection of a bugle or two...

Guest G8SUU3 :

"excluded from playing a GC game for 48 hours anyway. In those 48 hours, a right hand will just make the player Experienced and he's in the next GC".

08/08/18 13:42
By the way, I'm just f ucking with you. Don't take offence. Always like to have a little poke at our Saes neighbours and cousins at every opportunity. It's just intended as a bit of friendly sledging, nothing more.
08/08/18 13:59
So you're saying that a person joining a guild is excluded from gc for 48 hours already? And if the guild wants them in the next one then a right hand or leader can promote them from newcomer status? Lol

But i think we could make this even better and more entertaining. We could have a new classification. Call it the sin bin, or the naughty step, or something like that. Then everyone can see who messed up. All their players will have to wear a dunce cap during their championship and tourney matches.
08/08/18 15:44
At last something I agree with!!!

Guest, I sometimes take offense in what people type, but not in this case. You just frustrate me.
So, for the last time..........
You would like to see 'newcomers' 'punished'. Yet, you state (correctly) that players are 'punished' by having to wait 48hrs to play in challenges. So, what was the point of starting this thread IF PLAYERS ARE PUNISHED ANYWAY!

'Nuff said'.
08/08/18 15:53
Peanut Butta :

At last something I agree with!!!

Guest, I sometimes take offense in what people type, but not in this case. You just frustrate me.
So, for the last time..........
You would like to see 'newcomers' 'punished'. Yet, you state (correctly) that players are 'punished' by having to wait 48hrs to play in challenges. So, what was the point of starting this thread IF PLAYERS ARE PUNISHED ANYWAY!

'Nuff said'.

Now you are the one f ucking with me, surely? Can you really be missing the point by such a wide margin?
08/08/18 15:55
Black Monks :

So you're saying that a person joining a guild is excluded from gc for 48 hours already? And if the guild wants them in the next one then a right hand or leader can promote them from newcomer status? Lol

But i think we could make this even better and more entertaining. We could have a new classification. Call it the sin bin, or the naughty step, or something like that. Then everyone can see who messed up. All their players will have to wear a dunce cap during their championship and tourney matches.

I'm down with a naughty step or naughty corner status. Heck we could really run with this and call it the Joe Marler status. "You've been Joe Marlered my son!" could appear automatically next to your name until you've served your time

The other obvious option for a sin bin status named after a temperamental idiotic player is Manu Tuilagi, of course.

Before all the English guys shoot me down, for the record I like Joe Marler, his hot-headed petulance appeals to me as a former front row player myself. Manu Tuilagi, not so much...

Another option I can think of is the Ross Moriarty Choke Hold. Your status could be "Ross has got you in a Choke Hold for one GC, man up and take your dues!"
08/08/18 16:54
Marler plays the game the way it should be played!
08/08/18 17:00
Black Monks :

Marler plays the game the way it should be played!

Scrummaging at 90 degree angles and calling opponents Gypsy Boy (a bit of sledging). To be honest, it's very old-school and I whole heartedly agree with it. Right down to the on-field punching. I do genuinely like the guy. Plus he's amusing.
08/08/18 19:37
I can't tell you if he talks right, insults here and there are different, but he plays a way I like. Would love to have him on my side and hate to see him on the other.
08/08/18 22:36
Who are you peanut butta.
Bloody no marks.
Blue would have let this slide.
This forum going soft