Positions

01/10/16 02:35
Why is it ok for teams to play players out of position when you cant in real rugby? Is it not bullshit if all your forwards are flankers when you know they cant play front row, or all your backs are full backs. Get a grip
01/10/16 07:16
It's about as terrible as you not reading through previous threads saying the same thing and instead creating yet another thread on the same topic
03/10/16 11:33
I agree it is ridiculous. There should be some kind of penalty for doing this.
10/10/16 05:08
guest_1446246847139 :

Why is it ok for teams to play players out of position when you cant in real rugby? Is it not bullshit if all your forwards are flankers when you know they cant play front row, or all your backs are full backs. Get a grip

Obviously you not watching the games where it happens. Refer to the All Backs vs Springbok game played 09/10/16.
12/10/16 14:51
Why cant u play players out of position in real life rugby, might not be the best thing to do but theres nothing stopping a flank playing as a prop or forwards playing as a backline player. Theres no rule that you cant play any person anywhere, its just not done because its maybe not the best thing to do, but if your flank is the size of mountain theres no reason he cant be played as a forward as well. Wouldnt you like a team with 15, 100m sprinters who's got stamina for marathons and who's all built like mountains?
12/10/16 14:55
Saracens v wasps, a wing moved to scrum half, England v Australia a lock to flanker, new Zealand v south africa a wing to fullback and others. Lomu.....and a few other backs moved from forwards to the back line because they didn't have the work rate to be a forward. Lets get over this junk and realize this happens all the time even at the highest of levels
12/10/16 22:21
Black Monks :

Saracens v wasps, a wing moved to scrum half, England v Australia a lock to flanker, new Zealand v south africa a wing to fullback and others. Lomu.....and a few other backs moved from forwards to the back line because they didn't have the work rate to be a forward. Lets get over this junk and realize this happens all the time even at the highest of levels

Well said, it happens in real life, it happens in the game, get over it...
13/10/16 00:07
Name me a player that plays any position other than prop that can go ahead and play prop in a game...you can't because the laws of the game don't allow it due to health and safety....also a prop doesn't play as a back or a back play in the forwards (unless they are needed to push in a scrum due to the team being down a player or 2 because of a send off or sinbinning).

A lock or flanker switching position is fine it happens yes, backs switching positions in the backline happens yes. But a wing playing half back is not as effective as a half back playing that position. The game is pretty unrealistic in the players playing any position you want to play them in.
13/10/16 00:17
Kiwis XV :

Name me a player that plays any position other than prop that can go ahead and play prop in a game...you can't because the laws of the game don't allow it due to health and safety....also a prop doesn't play as a back or a back play in the forwards (unless they are needed to push in a scrum due to the team being down a player or 2 because of a send off or sinbinning).

A lock or flanker switching position is fine it happens yes, backs switching positions in the backline happens yes. But a wing playing half back is not as effective as a half back playing that position. The game is pretty unrealistic in the players playing any position you want to play them in.

A player could start out at the age of 18 or even 25 playing as a prop but with focussed training and commitment could without a doubt switch to any other positions, including backline. The same goes for a 110 - 120kg centre (which is not uncommon in modernday rugby) could switch to prop with the right tactical training. As stated before by a moderator, do not think of the positions showed on a player as set but only as a guideline
13/10/16 00:57
I understand some of your comments but if any of you have played or watched any decent rugby you would know no one can play front row without training, otherwise there would never be uncontested scrums which make them a waste of time!
I chalenge you to quote me more than 2 occasions in super 15, top 14 or english premiership when a flanker played front row and the scrums were still contested! You make the game a joke!!