No idea with strategy and training points!

01/05/17 04:07
I'm in Australia and reasonably new to American Football. So I have no idea about the strategies which leaves me a long way behind the experts who play this. It all may as well be in Chinese to me, the strategy stuff makes no sense.

Also I don't really know which skills to attribute my points to on which players. Especially the positions such as O-Line (apart from Blocking) and D-Line

Is there a really good guide for absolute beginners to the sport that are enjoying playing Touchdown Manager?
01/05/17 06:12
There are some threads on this forum that offer up stat ideas. Check out "The BEGINNERS Guild local Tavern" in the Discussion area. There are ideas in there, once you get past all the jabber. Another thing to do is google football and read up on what makes teams good. Good luck!
01/05/17 08:04
Look at the help for each stat. That should help you decide what is necessary for each position. RBs should be quick and fast, hard to tackle, for example. Any guild you join should be able to help you with the basic stats and even advanced tactics.
02/05/17 03:55
Shannon Jackson :

I'm in Australia and reasonably new to American Football. So I have no idea about the strategies which leaves me a long way behind the experts who play this. It all may as well be in Chinese to me, the strategy stuff makes no sense.

Also I don't really know which skills to attribute my points to on which players. Especially the positions such as O-Line (apart from Blocking) and D-Line

Is there a really good guide for absolute beginners to the sport that are enjoying playing Touchdown Manager?

If I'm reading this right, you also need a beginner's guide to football in general. Let me know if you have any questions about NFL football.
02/05/17 08:46
I should have been more specific. When you google football, check for the origins of the 4-3 defense and 3-4 defense. They will explain each player position and give you what each player should be good at. This will translate into stats within the game. Also check out wishbone, pro form, and shotgun; same thing, what each player should be like. For example. Fast would equal Speed and Acceleration. Strong = Hit power and Strength. Cover skills are the same thing as the Receiving skills.
02/05/17 20:54
Dreadlords :

I should have been more specific. When you google football, check for the origins of the 4-3 defense and 3-4 defense. They will explain each player position and give you what each player should be good at. This will translate into stats within the game. Also check out wishbone, pro form, and shotgun; same thing, what each player should be like. For example. Fast would equal Speed and Acceleration. Strong = Hit power and Strength. Cover skills are the same thing as the Receiving skills.

Strength actually relates to likelihood of injuring your opponents players rather focus on other stats
02/05/17 22:52
qBaLL the Horrible :

Dreadlords :

Strength actually relates to likelihood of injuring your opponents players rather focus on other stats

The description of "Strong" he will see when he googles those defenses will equate to Hit Power and Strength.
02/05/17 23:53
Yes, Toptown, I was just giving examples. Q is right about what Strength does but I think you will find that most players would be hesitant to give up what stats they use, here on the Forums. Its why I advise you to use the in-game help, along with some reading, to decide what kind of team you make. And to join a guild. With some knowledge you can then decide whether causing your opponent to fumble, or injuring an opposing player, will help your team win.
04/05/17 20:07
Your best bet for some guidlines around where to assign training points will be in "The Begginer Guild local tavern" and if they have space and you have a guild hall you can join "the beginners" guild or even have a look at gridiron ghosts, they do daily tips from two senior players.
07/05/17 22:33
Thanks qBaLL for advertising my little Guild