Open Letter to all looking for answers

09/03/17 19:05
To whom it may concern,

I have previously asked the forum (dev or the support team) who it is that moderates the moderators, this wasn't ever really answered. This wasn't a concern at the time as the reasoning for asking this question was due to threads being closed or deleted was previously answered in the thread I opened with regards to these concerns.

It has just come to light (to me anyway) that the two English speaking moderators we have are in the same guild, I personally find this unacceptable as there could be communications concerning users of the forum within guild chat or private guild member messages that NO ONE else sees. This could have a very serious view point on the guild members or even the mods in question.

Now before I continue, I have no issues with either mod or any forum user, I tend to air my views and keep myself distant from the day to day bickering.

So here we are, two mobs both in the same guild, I have a few questions please:-

1, Who moderates the moderators?
2, Who, when someone applies to be a mod see's this and who says yes or no?
3, Can "we" as forum users have some clarity on the clear lack of continuity when it comes to handing out bans, if its good for the goose and all that right?

I as some know applied to be a mod, now my concern and fear now is that this mod business is a close community due to where our current mods are located (in game). If our own mods are self moderating this, again causes me some concern. If our own mods are having the say so on mod applications, this is VERY concerning in my opinion. This is not allowing fairness nor is it allowing clarity on how the mods think as at the moment both ours may agree a stance on how to treat an individual/s in a private guild message and this in turn may cloud there views when it comes to communication to or with said individual/s.

Now I didn't want to have to do this but here it is, WE as forum uses should be able to trust our mod set up and I personally don't due to there guild location. It doesn't allow for growth nor does it allow for the fair treatment of ALL of the forum users.

I feel my application to be a mod was a solid one and I for one would like to know who it was that viewed this and who it was that decided no and who it was that hasn't even bothered there backside to reply to my very well constructed email that I sent to them?

Your help and support in these concerns is greatly appreciated.

Liverpool RFC
09/03/17 19:24
Some excellent points raised here Liverpool and a very well structured and polite thread. Let's hope you get some answers to your questions. RB
09/03/17 19:50
Wholeheartedly agree with the two abobe posts.
09/03/17 20:39
To clarify we do not have any say so on who becomes mods, I think I can count on my fingers the players on this game that have an issue with things on forum and there are mostly in one or two guilds the rest I will let the developers or senior admin respond to the rest of those post
09/03/17 20:42
Colstons :

To clarify we do not have any say so on who becomes mods, I think I can count on my fingers the players on this game that have an issue with things on forum and there are mostly in one or two guilds the rest I will let the developers or senior admin respond to the rest of those post

Colstons,

Thank you for your responce, this has clearly answered one of the questions that I have raised in the above post and for that I thank you.

Do you get to see the Mod applications?

Regards
09/03/17 20:45
No we don't get to see anything more than you see on forum
09/03/17 20:47
And senior admin or developers are in overall charge
09/03/17 20:50
Colstons :

And senior admin or developers are in overall charge

Isnt your counterpart Mod and Guild leader Admin?
09/03/17 20:55
Also, well more than a handful, 5 if I understand correctly, have expressed concerns. Way over that number. You can not care, but represent truth please
09/03/17 20:59
Just review my retirement post that you and carshalton forced fade delete with your 'mocking' of me. On that thread there were 8 people who directly stated c9ncerns with mods and you even attacked several of them. Also, of those 8 who agreed with the concerns there were at least 5 guilds represented. And since that time a couple more have expressed their concerns with the mods. So that is actually more than a handful, more than a couple guilds, and a relatively high percentage of this community. And there is one guild that has stated they are ok with one guild having all the mods....and it's the guild with all the mods. So use your advice and realize the issues.