League Reforms

27/09/19 11:48
The current league system is clearly not working, either through match fixing or due to not having enough of 1 particular level teams to fill a league full of the same level, I.e. L98's competing with L99's in the same league.

So, I propose that we scrap the current system and replace it with a new one.

This new system would collect every score from the same level and promote the highest scoring teams in that level to create the next seasons championships.

This will act firstly by rewarding the teams who score the highest point total across all leagues, secondly create consistent leagues where everyone is the same level, and lastly will make it a lot harder to match fix as everyone will need to win as many games as possible.

The current system is broken, currently someone in one league could score 21 points and not get promoted, whereas someone at the same level but different league could score 19 points and get the promotion. This means that the better team loses out.

Thoughts?
28/09/19 12:32
It may take a little too much work to go through every lvl in order to attain some kind of parity.

The biggest contention I have atm, is the new points system. It makes Chmps more sterile. My season effectively ended with 4 games to go. Under the old rules I would have been in contention for a top 3 right thru to the last minute of my final game.

ps. In fact I would have easily made top 3 under the old system. So I don't get the benefit now from playing an attractive attacking tactic.
01/10/19 11:11
Peanut Butta :

It may take a little too much work to go through every lvl in order to attain some kind of parity.

The biggest contention I have atm, is the new points system. It makes Chmps more sterile. My season effectively ended with 4 games to go. Under the old rules I would have been in contention for a top 3 right thru to the last minute of my final game.

ps. In fact I would have easily made top 3 under the old system. So I don't get the benefit now from playing an attractive attacking tactic.

You're right PB, it has become sterile, almost predictable. There is no reward for outsmarting your opponent's strats and getting a big winning margin. The loss of bonus points has turned the leagues into a procession. SN have lost interest in improving the game, but will leave the lights on as long as the money keeps rolling in. Days are numbered for me.

Hope you're good bud. Not gc'd in a while.
01/10/19 18:57
stop buying visa
21/06/20 17:14
the only way to fix this is to have proper leagues with top 3 going up and bottom 3 being relegated (teams towards the bottom would have to play then and not lose on purpose!) have national leagues too for most country's and the top league top 3 go into an international cup comp the following season. adding extra levels each season don't solve anything. Guilds still can have teams from diff country's. I know some players won't like this but in my opion it would make the game more competitive!
22/06/20 20:12
Totally agree bring back the bonus points and stop the 24+ or 24- if you lose by 60 then it’s -60 points difference....
24/06/20 17:18
The only issue I can see If you introduce relegations to the table is lets say your Level 107 like me and you can go to 570 . Now lets say for that season I decided to buy a pack player but my team was still tactically not good enough to compete I would go down 106 but i'd still have my 570 rated guy who is at least 5 higher than what is supposedly the max I can go to.

Also think people will deliberately match fix so they always have someone to beat . and potentially could buy a mass of players for real cash put on a rubbish strat , relegate themselves , a member of your guild could then move up and the person who got relegated could then sell there superstar players to another member of his guild if both was at the same level of the game.
26/06/20 10:04
i don't think so if your going to relegate yourself then why play at the moment if your no where near the top of the league you don't have to worry because nothing will happen as you can play at the same level again in the next season. this is why the game is slowly dieing i.e. football version nearly dead as for the 7's version that never took off i would say i give this game about 2 years at the most and then it will only be a hard core still playing? which will be a shame because i really enjoy it
26/06/20 22:17
I totally agree Taffy the 7’s is in terrible shape and the 15’s is struggling hope SN find a way to spark it and make it enjoyable again...
26/06/20 22:19
HI ASHLEY

Hope your keeping well ??

Regards Rog ( formally South Leeds )