Useless GVG opponents these days

Damn i cant remember the last time we had a decent gvg opponent, is it only us or are some of the bigger guilds getting all these smaller or like academy type opponents as well???

Dont get me wrong noting against the smaller guys as we all were there at some stage but how is it fair if we are on avg 100 Stars bigger than all of them....

Come Nitro wake up and get a better selection system in place for gvg's
I think it's an issue for the genuinely top guilds of the game. There are only 5-10 that I would put in that class and that makes matching up difficult. When I'm in the top guilds the gvg are always boring, when I'm a rung below that I would say only 75% are boring.

And it blows my mind the guilds that like to think they are a top guild but keep their fans low. There are so many beatable guilds that have high fan numbers there seems to be no benefit and the lack of challenges would, to my estimation, slow player skill progress considerably. But if you don't fancy yourself a top guild I would understand the frustration of drawing one of the 5-10 and knowing you have no prayer.
MasseGat :

Damn i cant remember the last time we had a decent gvg opponent, is it only us or are some of the bigger guilds getting all these smaller or like academy type opponents as well???

Dont get me wrong noting against the smaller guys as we all were there at some stage but how is it fair if we are on avg 100 Stars bigger than all of them....

Come Nitro wake up and get a better selection system in place for gvg's

Yup. I would rather play you guys, Club Twickenham, Damage Inc., Les Potes @u Topes etc., etc., and lose than have half our teams sit out challenges we could perm any selection of teams for as we have been doing recently. At least they would be worthwhile challenges.
I think we all would like the guild champ level idea and base rankings on guild champ level not fans. So each win you gain points, the more points your guild has the higher the guild champ level and you only get matched with guilds in or near your level.
100% Black Monks.

It's not even the fact we are getting mismatches that is the problem but rather, a lot we have played recently haven't really bothered to play their challenges.

Like Massegat said, we have all been there at the lower levels but at least we have always played all our challenges regardless of whether we had a chance or not in order to improve, real life permitting. It is the apathy from other Guilds we see that is so annoying.
I feel your pain guys, we're the same. Got mighty blacks at the mo, meant to be a goodish guild, quarter of them havnt shown up at all. Total b.s.
We need to all be pressing search together, then at least theirs half a chance.
Feel your pain boet. Same is happening to Damage Inc. We keep getting guilds that are way below us in strength... like none of their teams are even above level 60 and here we have 10 players that are level 64 and above. How's that a fair match up? We end up having to run a guild challenge Superbru to keep it interesting
I’d like to give huge thumbs up to the guild Rolling Maul who have been our opponents twice in the last week and have played 90% of their games with every member playing at least 1 GvG challenge.

Unfortunately my guild are in somewhat of a transition and haven’t returned the favour for which I would like to apologise.