Changing strategy during a game

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I just played a ranking game started off with my regular strat had a try scored against me so changed my strategy as you do, but to my surprise and I assure you this is not a tactic I use my 10 restarted and kicked to 13 you can guess what happened. I hurried to check that I hadn't cocked up as I thought my tactic was to kick to 1. This was very confusing so I thought I would test the theory and yes the theory worked I went back to my standard strategy and the same thing happened kick to 13.
Please advise
Axe man
From what I have seen from changing strategy in a game there needs to be a stoppage/ball out of play before the new strategy kicks in. It does seem to change after that though. You just need to get lucky with the timing of the change.
Suggest a ticket is raised
I suggest we do not bother. In the real game, you would not be able to give new instructions from coaches on the touchline to players until there was a stoppage. It is realistic in my view.
Allan Thomson :

I suggest we do not bother. In the real game, you would not be able to give new instructions from coaches on the touchline to players until there was a stoppage. It is realistic in my view.

I'd suggest some sort of time out on that myself, the way the game plays sometimes you can have 30-40 mins+ of solid play which of course is unrealistic.

One thing I would suggest is not running the clock at normal speed during conversions / resets and kick offs - it currently takes the best part of 10 mins to score and reset which of course is silly.