Guild Names

20/07/17 08:43
Hi All

Please can all teams remove swear words from there guild names failure to do so could lead to further punishment
20/07/17 14:34
I just want to clarify, we are talking real swear words like the f bomb and the like right? I just want to make sure my guild name is kosher as it has what some extremely conservative people won't let their kids say, but it's a word those same highly conservative folks hear from their minister every sunday. (Also, using the American term for conservative, don't know if it means something different elsewhere since I know liberal in america and liberal in the UK mean two different things)
20/07/17 15:35
Black Monks :

I just want to clarify, we are talking real swear words like the f bomb and the like right? I just want to make sure my guild name is kosher as it has what some extremely conservative people won't let their kids say, but it's a word those same highly conservative folks hear from their minister every sunday. (Also, using the American term for conservative, don't know if it means something different elsewhere since I know liberal in america and liberal in the UK mean two different things)

Your Guild name has been around for quite a while, so I doubt that is what prompted Colston's post (or should that be Colston's's). But I am sure he will reply to you directly.
Funnily enough, conservative and liberal have virtually identical meanings in both our Countries. We just like to complicate things by have political parties called Conservative and Liberal. Or, to be politically correct, and to complicate things even further, Conservative and Unionist and Liberal Democrats parties.
20/07/17 16:11
Our liberal terms meant the same 2 years ago,. Now the term liberal in the US has been overtaken by folks that are not liberal at all. At least in Europe it seems politically active people actually know that liberal means something and that Democrats were liberals not because they were synonymous but because they were in agreement. Now Democrats are leaving the liberals behind and many are now joining the conservatives (more libertarian than conservative) and Democrat and Republican mean less than ever. Anyway, back to the real topic, glad it's not us but wanted to make sure nobodies hand gets slapped for an unknown offense, doesn't feel good.
20/07/17 16:47
Black monks I'm referring to direct swear words eg s**t.
20/07/17 17:02
I support this policy! Why doesn't guild naming block the same words our chat box blocks? Seems like an easy fix that removes need for policing and removes subjectivity.
21/07/17 13:45
Colston's :

Black monks I'm referring to direct swear words eg s**t.

How rude!
21/07/17 14:06
I'm with you Alquin, frankly it's all a pile of utter ******* ******** ***** & for ***** **** ******* ******* sorry I think I mis spelt *******. It really boils my ******* **** that I have to put up with ******* **** like this, I ask you what with Brexit and that ******** ******** ****** ****** really, not a ******* chance I can tell you.

thanks for listening rant over
21/07/17 14:48
I'm just glad we don't have foul mouthed teams like faz 1 in our guild
21/07/17 15:24
Jungle RFC :

I'm just glad we don't have foul mouthed teams like faz 1 in our guild

No **** jungle, ****s like that really ruin this game. Glad we are focusing on **** like this when there are all those ******* out there that have **** for ****** and can't ****** to save a penguin from an ********. But hey, why not just roll in the **** and tell those ******* to ****** in ****** with *******.

To anyone trying to decipher the above don't....I just clicked on the suggested words and added *****.