Guild rankings

04/01/17 10:07
Should guild rankings also now be decided along the line of player rankings, it could be done along the same lines as the ranking games, when you click for a new opponet for your guild you get a number of guilds that are ranked higher than you that you could challenge instead of just a random selection we have now, beat that guild and you take their place just as in a player ranking game, and as it is now you can only challenge every 48 hours. Just a thought as it would give you a better idea of how good a guild is rather than number of fans a guild has
04/01/17 13:54
I like it a lot except a match requires both guilds having choice and this proposal gives one guild choice. But rankings based on fans, which is what I assume still happens till I see a ticket saying otherwise, is worthless, and if it is based on rankings most. Guilds will intentionally drop rankings to stay unbeaten instead of getting a good challenge. I wish star level for gvg was used so your only exploit is buying the 10* players which everyone can do.
07/01/17 12:29
Would be a bit of a blunt instrument, but why not base the teams *rating on the first 15 players in each squad... this then removes the 10* player exploit and would be most reflective of the team you are looking at.

Would be a plateau at the top though, with so many sides having 205* players from 1 to 15, so no good at sorting out the top teams individually, but across an entire guild it would be pretty reflective.

I quite like the current 'random' anonymity created by the opponent selection for gvg's, primarily because it reduces the possibility of manipulation.

I do like the theory of your suggestion, however allowing guilds to choose opponents would almost certainly introduce some manipulation by unscrupulous guilds and could you imagine the fuss that the conspiracy theorists in the game would kick up!? They'd be twitching and mooning even more than they do already!!!

07/01/17 21:13
Alquin Academicals :

Would be a bit of a blunt instrument, but why not base the teams *rating on the first 15 players in each squad... this then removes the 10* player exploit and would be most reflective of the team you are looking at.

Would be a plateau at the top though, with so many sides having 205* players from 1 to 15, so no good at sorting out the top teams individually, but across an entire guild it would be pretty reflective.

I quite like the current 'random' anonymity created by the opponent selection for gvg's, primarily because it reduces the possibility of manipulation.

I do like the theory of your suggestion, however allowing guilds to choose opponents would almost certainly introduce some manipulation by unscrupulous guilds and could you imagine the fuss that the conspiracy theorists in the game would kick up!? They'd be twitching and mooning even more than they do already!!!

I get what your saying and yes the conspiracy theorists would have a field day they do now with the current system which as team ranking is taken into account dont ask me how they do it in how match ups are selected its open to maniuplation now with teams not playing ranking games. I do think the starting 15 star rating should be taken into account as well. I just want to get away from just fans deciding the ranking of guilds as i dont think this reflects who the top guilds are any more
07/01/17 22:06
Manawatu.......... Pacific stars :

I just want to get away from just fans deciding the ranking of guilds as i dont think this reflects who the top guilds are any more

Couldn't agree more!