Webb Ellis v International Lions

11/08/16 18:54
Mike - Fishguard & Goodwick Seagulls :

Tolgate 23/7 :

Mike - Fishguard & Goodwick Seagulls :

Tolgate 23/7 :

25 all

Is this Tolgate from my league who I'm playing tomorrow?

Yes; and as suggested it seems I am mistaken with the final score, if not the result. I have played and been duly smashed by virtually all the teams in both these guilds and I think as mentioned 'home advantage' will lead to a draw.

Sad to see you going...

Thanks Tolgate.
Just to let you know that I am still giving game up and I will have lose strategy on tomorrow so don't waste any cash or even play your youngsters. I have to stay at LV 24 so I can give rp's to a friend who is coming up to that league.
Good luck next year.

Cheers; you will be 'another' big loss to the top of the game.
11/08/16 21:43
Webb Ellis

Can I just say - regardless of the result tomorrow morning - this has been one of the most enjoyable GvG I've been part of.

Two very even teams - played in the right spirit with the compulsory cat-and-mouse you'd expect - and some very good close games.

Never thought I'd say this considering some past history but Respect and I wish we could play against you more often.

Welsh Wizzards

11/08/16 22:59
The management of Webb Ellis echo your remarks in its entirety. This is quite simply the only gvg where we habent been comfident of winning, and a draw is still going to be tough.

Have got to say we've had it to easy before this gvg, your planning of opponents, and timing of games has put us to shame. Weve been slap,dash in this respect and learnt a lot about this.

We like to talk about a super guild in the future. That would be something. Perhaps after the gvg we could send a rep in either way to talk about this?
11/08/16 23:30
Birkinhead Park :

The management of Webb Ellis echo your remarks in its entirety. This is quite simply the only gvg where we habent been comfident of winning, and a draw is still going to be tough.

Have got to say we've had it to easy before this gvg, your planning of opponents, and timing of games has put us to shame. Weve been slap,dash in this respect and learnt a lot about this.

We like to talk about a super guild in the future. That would be something. Perhaps after the gvg we could send a rep in either way to talk about this?

Well it won't be me coming to your guild - I'd never get out without my wallet

After the GvG finishes tomorrow Taff will come back to you after we have had time to discuss your suggestion. For now we have to worry about how to stop you getting to 23 wins

Welsh Wizzards
12/08/16 00:10
Ive got a feeling youll sneak it by 1 weve got absent players which is making life difficult.
12/08/16 10:40
Birkinhead Park :

I am pleased we gave you the challenge, quite remarkable considering we ended up starting with a few in that we didn't expect due to some last minute leavers lol ... An hour before the start we had two team thrown into the mix that were at 10*, and another at 40*. That combined with a guy in Rio, 2 on holiday and 1 at a bike show, certainly made the whole thing a challenge, but a lot of fun. How the game should be. Two closely matched guilds in a cat n mouse battle.

I am pleased to say, we have good alliances with some other very strong guilds, and were very close to bringing in a couple of very strong replacements for our 10* players lol ... (Thanks to those that made themselves available, you know who you are, and the favour is much appreciated).
However, this guild is strong, not just in playing strength, but in will, communication, teamwork and commitment.
The 10*s and 40* hit the auction hard, and with minutes to go had built a semi professional team each, adding more quality as the GvG progressed.
And did us proud they did too. Just shows a GvG team does not need MB.

Aren't you glad now you didn't play us a wee while back, when those that have unfortunately quit were still wIth us lol ... ABS Dropkicks, Cayden, BB, LP but to name a few.

GvGs this tight inspire the enthusiasm for the game, and I just hope the developers see that also, amend the matching criteria, the MB, and enhance the playing side of the game, not just the money spinners.

As for a super guild, I think the above highlights, we already have one.
A guild for me is not about bringing so much strength together in one place that it maxes fans and dominates everything.
It's a mix of strength, those developing, but most of all the all for one attitude and the banter.

In summary, thanks for the GvG challenge, most enjoyable, but as far as building a super guild is concerned, we will pass, I believe we have one already

12/08/16 19:48
We lost three level 24 s a week ago so wed have put an even better performance with those. But players move so we wont makes excuses for the draw it was extremely hard fought and fair.
12/08/16 23:08
Tried to find some TV coverage of this epic battle but all channels were obsessed with something called the Olympics.
Ahem - please excuse my warped sense of humour. Glad you enjoyed it and looking forward to our guild meeting and beating you both before too long. New teams are rising to smash the old order
13/08/16 09:00
You seem inherently obsessed with this gvg to comment on it so much?
13/08/16 11:49
Just enjoying a bit of banter. All the best Birkinhead