Please use the same game code base for all types of matches...

07/09/18 11:49
I know it's not a bug....or if it is it's at least a documented bug. But I don't get the logic behind the different code for different types of match.
I've seen a few comments on this, but it's still annoying to see it in action. If I'm playing a higher level inactive, and I beat him in a friendly 42-7(with his 7 scored on the final whistle) you'd think you have a fighting chance in the corresponding Guild challenge match played immediately after. To be sure I healed up all my players to max, hit the button and got smashed 18 nil. I don't think my guys even touched the ball, every time it went into contact I got penalized.

I first I thought I just got hustled by a change in tactics - but the guy is inactive. It's hard enough when the matchmaking system constantly forces you to play against much higher level opponents, but when you can't even tune tactics before going into the match.....?

07/09/18 15:40
Hi Gold,
I agree totally with your comments. I constantly play friendlies against teams 10 levels above (GC's). You have to watch the games very carefully. If you score a try from winning a line-out, or a scrum, you have to presume that would not happen competitively, If you can win the friendly without doing this, you may be looking at around a twenty point swing. Otherwise, 'all bets are off'!
07/09/18 23:05
Thanks for the support PB. Unfortunately in the example I quoted above even the "assume-you-lose-all-setpieces" rule doesn't work. My first try came from a tackle in midfield where the player made the tackle, stripped the ball, bumped off an opponent then ran the length of the field to score. The corresponding play in the guild challenge match saw me penalised as soon as the tackle was attempted.
I had a less extreme example yesterday where I won the friendly 28-0 then, with all "aggrerssion" settings at minimum, the GC score dropped to 14-6.

If you search guilds for "Slackers" you'll find me and can see both sets of matches. Unfortunately the current game code bases mean that friendlies between levels are very poor predicters of actual matches, and playing up more than a handful of levels really only leaves you with 1 viable strategy to win.
08/09/18 01:43
Hi,
watched it, the match is very similar in structure to the one's I play against higher levels. Fouling in rucks, and scrums (even though I set aggression team stats at 0%) Like I say 15-20 pt swing. Very impressive tho' against a team 17 levels above! And great Championship form.
08/09/18 09:44
Good morning chaps.

I completely agree with this and yes, it makes no sense at all. So you play loads of friendlies to strat test and think you have got it right, but then the champ match comes and BOOM 21-0 to them! Better strat? Nope! Different engine. Hmmm. Kinda makes it impossible to be consistent with your performances and makes a mokery of the game.
08/09/18 10:56
Hi,
I have had another thought on this. Maybe friendlies are that - literally. In 'real life' it would just be a marker on what would be a competitive result. I have commented on another thread, about how some 'behaviors' in the game are not explained or information is difficult to find for some (team energy). I understand this is a complex game, but some things should be made clearer to avoid confusion.
Those 'swings' against higher level teams, is just out of order, lol.
Maybe friendlies are there for info on your teams strategy, against another?
09/09/18 09:34
Peanut Butta :

ery impressive tho' against a team 17 levels above!

Sadly that is just what is required due to the way the guild system works.
10/10/18 20:44
Hi All....listening to what has been said.....YES ..it is very relistic in the real world, we even see it especially in football, Friendlies are exactly that FRIENDLIES..... i for one dont use friendlies to give me an indication of the league/championship and/or other FULL STOP. I use friendlies only to check my strategy against teams in my guild
10/10/18 20:44
Hi All....listening to what has been said.....YES ..it is very relistic in the real world, we even see it especially in football, Friendlies are exactly that FRIENDLIES..... i for one dont use friendlies to give me an indication of the league/championship and/or other FULL STOP. I use friendlies only to check my strategy against teams in my guild
06/11/18 05:34
Yea exactly. Saruman's right, it's different engines. I however still can't get that if you destroy someone with a massive score in a friendly then assume you might win a non friendly game no matter how much points you score but it turns out that you lose even when everything's fully prepared that's some kinda joke