Player surnames

18/05/17 15:25
Any plans to add second names to players? It is rather annoying with the limited number of first names in the game. Especially when you have multiple players with the same name.
18/05/17 15:40
This is a powderkeg. If the names are all french and British it may bring up old complaints about the lack of Polynesian/Argentinian/pirate/kek/other surnames.
18/05/17 15:43
All the first names that are used seem pretty English orientated anyway. There must be a name generator software that can create names with any variation or ethnicity taken into account.
18/05/17 16:29
Problems start with people abusing the option and giving crude player names. I think its hard enough for the mods to police team and guild names
18/05/17 16:31
Eh? I am not suggesting players edit their own names. I am suggesting that surnames be implemented in to the game by the devs. What a lame excuse for a manager game that only has first names of players.
18/05/17 21:27
Just saying it won't make many and it could make a lot of people irate with the perception of a new slap to the face.
18/05/17 21:34
I think people really need to stop going out of their way to be offended. One google search and I found a name generator that allows you to change the name set, country and gender of the names it generates. It includes Klingon and Ninja as well as many nations and groups of people around the world. If I can do it with one search I am pretty sure the devs can manage to add surnames in to the game.
18/05/17 22:01
We all know it can be done and we all know it won't be done and therefore it is a powderkeg. You suggestion lights the fuse and the current direction we ignore the powderkeg and hope nobody sets it off. And I get bot sides, the game is made in France so we can expect names from France and England, AND the game is played by a lot of people outside of those demographics and as you noted the change would be easy to make but hasn't been.
18/05/17 23:06
The fact that names or their perceived origins is seen as a 'powederkeg' goes to show how soft people have become. People openly going out of their way to be offended. It is a name for God's sake. Maybe we need to take out first names then and replace them with numbers or symbols just in case someone takes offense to the first names being used.
19/05/17 01:33
That would please us keks greatly, but likely offend all others