New young low rated players

22/12/16 20:57
I've had a 14 star player for a long time now. (Can't remember exactly how old he was when I bought him). He's got 148% training and now at 31 years old he's got 936 unassigned cones. That would give him another 37 stars for a total of 51. He'd need about another 90 stars to be useful at level 31 which would be another 3600 cones. You could get away with a few hundred less as you could ignore scrum and lineout skills for a backline player. I'd say it was near enough impossible.

Also, if I was going to do this I'd want to use him for more than one season.
22/12/16 21:09
because you obviously didn't use him to play matches, so he only got skill points from actual training sessions, which made up less than a quarter of the points i used to make.
22/12/16 21:52
Mr Incredible :

Thats the whole idea, dont assign the points until you have enough for everything you want to use them on.. But they just killed this with the new 5 practice matches per day rubbish... apart from just training sessions, i probably used to make most of my points playing and loosing practice games on purpose, after each game i would heal my team to 100% and play and loose again... because you didnt beat your opponent he stayed on the map and you could play him again and again, you dont get the cash because you didnt win the matches, but you still get training points for the matches. So because you heal yourself after each game to 100% for max point efficiency you were turning heal kits into skillpoints, but now that they changed it to you can only play 5 games per day, win or loose this wont work anymore

I suppose that it is another good example of using the 'system' to your advantage. Some call it cheating which is totally wrong as are similar views with regard to match bonus, buying players, using the visa etc etc. ...... but, and yes mods are allowed an opinion, anything that does away with players gaining an advantage by losing on purpose , has my vote.
22/12/16 22:28
Mr Incredible :

Thats the whole idea, dont assign the points until you have enough for everything you want to use them on.. But they just killed this with the new 5 practice matches per day rubbish...apart from just training sessions, i probably used to make most of my points playing and loosing practice games on purpose, after each game i would heal my team to 100% and play and loose again... because you didnt beat your opponent he stayed on the map and you could play him again and again, you dont get the cash because you didnt win the matches, but you still get training points for the matches. So because you heal yourself after each game to 100% for max point efficiency you were turning heal kits into skillpoints, but now that they changed it to you can only play 5 games per day, win or loose this wont work anymore

It can actually be seen as the developers acknowledging player complaints and accusations(all be it wrongful) and rectifying it. Whether intentional or not we dont always give them credit for fixing stuff so hats off to them in this case
22/12/16 23:16
Mr Incredible :

because you obviously didn't use him to play matches, so he only got skill points from actual training sessions, which made up less than a quarter of the points i used to make.

If you want to relegate your team and go 10 seasons with all losses since you have lvl 7 players,so you might possibly, I'm not buying it still as the math still doesn't add up, have an unstoppable team in that same championship that can still be beaten by mb, well, good luck and get some antipsychotic meds because that journey would drive anyone insane
22/12/16 23:59
Mr Incredible :

Thats the whole idea, dont assign the points until you have enough for everything you want to use them on.. But they just killed this with the new 5 practice matches per day rubbish... apart from just training sessions, i probably used to make most of my points playing and loosing practice games on purpose, after each game i would heal my team to 100% and play and loose again... because you didnt beat your s tactic opponent he stayed on the map and you could play him again and again, you dont get the cash because you didnt win the matches, but you still get training points for the matches. So because you heal yourself after each game to 100% for max point efficiency you were turning heal kits into skillpoints, but now that they changed it to you can only play 5 games per day, win or loose this wont work anymore

Yes I know all about this tactic. I was once challenged well over 100 times by the same player. Even putting on my best losing strategy didn't help because when there are two losing strategies in one game, the team that kicks off loses. So I can't say I'm sorry if this tactic no longer works.
23/12/16 08:17
I suppose i understand the point of the player being challenged over and over, thats why it would have been nice if there was a basic in game message system for all players or between players while playing a match, if i was doing this and someone asked me to stop i would, also i played a team a few times, say 5 games, then i would move on to the next team again and so on. And completely cant even see where you would hatch up the idea of this being a method of cheating? Not only do you spend a lot of heal kits doing this, i went through over a 1000 per day, about 50 heal kits per skillpoint, but this isnt some instant get good quick method, it actually takes hours and hours of constant playing.. I'm obsessive when it comes to strategies so i spend hours creating and fine tuning setups, and trust me playing like this to earn extra skill points is much, much harder and more time consuming. It wasnt a glitch being exploited or even an easy way of doing something being used, if it was a easy way to make lots of points, why didnt everyone do it, cant tell me I was the only person in 1000's playing that saw this.
All the developers did now was to turn a game that i would sometimes play for hours on end working on my team, to a game that i can only come play once per day, just for a quick checkin with my team, playing my few matches and seeing if theres any buildings that need work, 20 minutes then im done and since there is nothing to do till the next day, that is when i might come again just to quickly go through the same process again.
But anyway, its been changed so theres no use moaning over something thats done. Plus i think i prefer the new rating system over playing for skill points, i beats the old fans based system hands down..
23/12/16 16:11
Agree with everything you say there Mr I. In no conceivable way was this ever cheating. There are some people who use the term 'cheating' for any tactic they don't like but fortunately they quickly get howled down on this forum.