what is next after the championship cheats are exposed ??

20/04/20 15:39
YstradgynlaisNot so Damaged :

Ashley Longthorn :

You'd think the game only had two guilds you could join la Cag and Damage either way both are as embarassing as the other. By end of day its a game who cares what la cag do let them be haven't you all worked it out in damage? la cag are an attention seeking guild. They exploit flaws in the game knowing you will cry over it so report it to developers by all means but don't give them the last laugh

Explain to me how La Cag are attention seekers?
La Cag and Damage are big guilds because we want to take our visa teams to very active guilds and not waste them less active guilds. I know players who have visa teams are in small guilds which I respect their decision.
Your just trying to start a fire again when the last one was put out.
Why don't you focus on your guild and helping your guild mates to improve rather than coming on here mouthing off.

I have a full visa squad and very happy in my "small" guild, we are growing together as a group

Ive been in 4 guilds since being on the game in order cymru guild, AoC, la cag and cymru uprising i loved every minute of being in each guild... all had different priorities with excellent friendly teams and all very competitive... total respect for these guilds

Poola
20/04/20 18:35
poil de carotte :

Hi all

Delighted that the game has finally decided to tackle the issue of cheating Guilds in championship, it was about time!

It just goes to show that at some points it is not because you are part of a Guild of big spenders that the game belongs to you and that you can misbehave the way you want to keep your advantage over other Guilds.

As if Paying to win + being part of the biggest Guilds was not enough and they had to also cheat to stay on top ? Seriously…

I have read some many non-sense posts where helping your Guild-mates in winning is in true tradition of rugby companionship, and that reporting a game is against such values, worst it is like giving in people to the nazis during ww2.

Unreal reactions though of the cheats who are making all sorts of scenes to try and influence the opinion, how dare they pretend to be the victims of a system of reporting when they have made it so blattant obvious for many years ??

Personnaly I see this of course as an improvment of the game, like anti dope technology in the Olympics, The Tour de France, or video referring like TMPO in Rugby. If you are a real sportsman, how can you not believe in the benefits of such improvments for the integrity of the game you are supposed to love so much? Unless if you are so rotten that you fear the impact it has on the way some people stay on the top of their championships?

Anyway, if I trully like the fact that the game is finally admitting that there is an issue there and it needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible as the integrity of the game itself is questionned and challenged in the eyes of many, I fear that this is too late already given the Numbers of Guilds that are under the same flags and that further actions need to be implemented to prevent cheating.

What is SWEET NITRO working on to guarantee more fair games in the championship?

If the game reporting / analysis process is sure, can we expect to get the Attack/Defense bonuses back ? 1 for a draw 3 for a win and no bonus does not reflect the reality of the season or the game.

What about limiting the number of paying players in a Guild?
What about limiting the number of players from a same Guild into a championship?

I would love a game with more developments being part of a vision, of a gameplan, than just changes that are just a reaction to issues.

I applaud your comments and agree wholeheartedly with everything you say. I'll jump over the first 7 paragraphs as I have said as much myself and there is no need to pile it on.

After that you raise some interesting questions.

Firstly can we go back to real rugby scoring systems? Possibly, but I think we need to see how the current system plays out over a few seasons in case we start to observe some relapses into old ways and/or more sophisticated fixing taking a hold. In an ideal world, the game will clean up in the champs and teams can be trusted enough with the proper scoring system.

Secondly, you propose some very interesting ideas. Lowering the number of teams in a given guild would certainly make the game more competitive - there would be say 6 or 7 guilds with top level players each fighting for no. 1 spot. That idea definitely appeals. The franchises would stay intact, the competitiveness would see an increase. Win win.

Thirdly, limiting the number of teams from the same guild in a given championship would only work if you applied it franchise-wide. That is tough to do given the maths. The only real way to do it would be the reduce the number of teams in a league and perhaps only play league games every second day. It's all rather problematic. Perhaps the better solution is to somehow get more teams competing at the top level. Perhaps a mass game-wide promotion every 2 months or something. Again somewhat problematic. Wholeheartedly agree that keeping teams from the same affiliation away from each other would reduce the temptation to collaborate and fix matches significantly. You then have to tackle the problem of alliances between franchises and/or flags etc. Your suggestion is good, but not at all easy to implement.

The last thing you say is probably where you hit the nail on the head. The onus is on the developers to have a game plan and desire to drive the game forward with a solid vision and lots of good ideas. This has been sadly lacking from the start and has taken superhuman effort from dedicated players to band together across the guilds to drive any sort of development at all. What the take-away from this is you can get things changed, but don't hold your breath when it comes to these developers. They are quite simply terrible on that front.
20/04/20 19:00
Another option for your third question could actually be to stop increasing the levels in the game and maybe have actual relegation. In effect, with time, you'd end up with 2 levels - the premiership and 1st division. When you get relegated, any individual skills (attack acceleration, tackling etc etc etc) on players that are maxed to say 600 are reduced automatically to 595 until you get promotion again where you can apply points you've accumulated again.

It's an imperfect solution to a tricky problem, but I honestly can't think of a better one that isn't very artificial.

The fringe benefits of this would be that every other aspect of the game would become much more competitive as there would be a great deal more players on the same level and it would be more a strat v strat scenario than a level v level one.

Also, non-visa players would have the opportunity to catch up a bit with the visa players as they can keep applying training points to their players. The gulf is far too wide at the moment.
21/04/20 00:48
21/04/20 00:55
Guest_54321 :

poil de carotte :

Hi all

Delighted that the game has finally decided to tackle the issue of cheating Guilds in championship, it was about time!

It just goes to show that at some points it is not because you are part of a Guild of big spenders that the game belongs to you and that you can misbehave the way you want to keep your advantage over other Guilds.

As if Paying to win + being part of the biggest Guilds was not enough and they had to also cheat to stay on top ? Seriously…

I have read some many non-sense posts where helping your Guild-mates in winning is in true tradition of rugby companionship, and that reporting a game is against such values, worst it is like giving in people to the nazis during ww2.

Unreal reactions though of the cheats who are making all sorts of scenes to try and influence the opinion, how dare they pretend to be the victims of a system of reporting when they have made it so blattant obvious for many years ??

Personnaly I see this of course as an improvment of the game, like anti dope technology in the Olympics, The Tour de France, or video referring like TMPO in Rugby. If you are a real sportsman, how can you not believe in the benefits of such improvments for the integrity of the game you are supposed to love so much? Unless if you are so rotten that you fear the impact it has on the way some people stay on the top of their championships?

Anyway, if I trully like the fact that the game is finally admitting that there is an issue there and it needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible as the integrity of the game itself is questionned and challenged in the eyes of many, I fear that this is too late already given the Numbers of Guilds that are under the same flags and that further actions need to be implemented to prevent cheating.

What is SWEET NITRO working on to guarantee more fair games in the championship?

If the game reporting / analysis process is sure, can we expect to get the Attack/Defense bonuses back ? 1 for a draw 3 for a win and no bonus does not reflect the reality of the season or the game.

What about limiting the number of paying players in a Guild?
What about limiting the number of players from a same Guild into a championship?

I would love a game with more developments being part of a vision, of a gameplan, than just changes that are just a reaction to issues.

I applaud your comments and agree wholeheartedly with everything you say. I'll jump over the first 7 paragraphs as I have said as much myself and there is no need to pile it on.

After that you raise some interesting questions.

Firstly can we go back to real rugby scoring systems? Possibly, but I think we need to see how the current system plays out over a few seasons in case we start to observe some relapses into old ways and/or more sophisticated fixing taking a hold. In an ideal world, the game will clean up in the champs and teams can be trusted enough with the proper scoring system.

Secondly, you propose some very interesting ideas. Lowering the number of teams in a given guild would certainly make the game more competitive - there would be say 6 or 7 guilds with top level players each fighting for no. 1 spot. That idea definitely appeals. The franchises would stay intact, the competitiveness would see an increase. Win win.

Thirdly, limiting the number of teams from the same guild in a given championship would only work if you applied it franchise-wide. That is tough to do given the maths. The only real way to do it would be the reduce the number of teams in a league and perhaps only play league games every second day. It's all rather problematic. Perhaps the better solution is to somehow get more teams competing at the top level. Perhaps a mass game-wide promotion every 2 months or something. Again somewhat problematic. Wholeheartedly agree that keeping teams from the same affiliation away from each other would reduce the temptation to collaborate and fix matches significantly. You then have to tackle the problem of alliances between franchises and/or flags etc. Your suggestion is good, but not at all easy to implement.

The last thing you say is probably where you hit the nail on the head. The onus is on the developers to have a game plan and desire to drive the game forward with a solid vision and lots of good ideas. This has been sadly lacking from the start and has taken superhuman effort from dedicated players to band together across the guilds to drive any sort of development at all. What the take-away from this is you can get things changed, but don't hold your breath when it comes to these developers. They are quite simply terrible on that front.

Hi Guest_54321

Thank you for your reply
You seem to have understood my points, which is more about what is next

Maybe some people got me wrongly about the first 7 paragraphs, thinking I was here to stirr smelly things, that is not my intention. What has happened has happened, no point in having polemics about it, let's move on.
I just wanted to express my opinion about all this before moving on to the next questions which are far more important to me: what's next? what is Sweet Nitro working at to secure the future of this game and make it more fun and more challenging? how can we guarantee the integrity of a game, which like any sport, can not suffer of industrial-scaled cheating?

Instead of getting attacked for what I had said, I was waiting for more ideas and suggestions. The forums have also died a bit as you do not see that many requests for improvments, suggestions and other ideas like before...

I agree with you of course about the game development which has not been up to the vast majority of players' expectations. For sure, a lot have left or simply stopped asking. Such a pity

I have been playing this game for more than 5 yrs now, I have experienced most changes like being bad news… I have seen how slowly but surely the developers' moves have been towards introducing permanent "limited special offers" , no more free daily 5 health kits, the introduction of the Equipment shop, the end of the bids for equipments, the possibility of purchasing all equipments in a few hours with the help of GB, the end of match bonus, how the big Guilds have pushed for auto substitution so that smaller teams would almost never be able again to dare winning against a visa team "afk". Ok, match bonus for instance was not such a great thing, but at least it helped reducing the gap levels.

I agree with you about the gap being far too wide at the moment between visa and non-visa managers: smaller players get totally gutted once they reach a certain level, and on the other side even visa players are starting to get bored. So many games offer free stuff to players to keep them hooked, here you hardly get anything for free, non-visa players should be entitled to free stuff once in a while to help them compete. The game needs paying players, but for sure also needs all sorts of people, and this by giving them a chance to beat others, and especially with strategies, not just with all you have spent to be almost unbeatable.

I really like your idea of relegation, that could really make a big change and also close the gap a bit. People would for sure be less prone to cheating if it meant the possibility of going down one level. I remember a lot of people have also asked for young talents scouts and training centers, that ordinary players could retire a bit later than bought players, and many other suggestions, why does Sweet Nitro never come up with new ideas is a total mystery to me

About my question about reducing the number of friendly teams in the same championship (I know it is currently impossible in its format), maybe instead of having let's say 14 teams, we could only be down to 8 and having home and away features? Ok, it would mean less opponents in a way, but the same number of games and the lesser probability of having 3 or 4 sister teams in the same championship. And out of the 8, only 4 promotions, and one or 2 relegations for instance?

Stoping increasing the levels in the game, I do not think it would be an option for the developpers, I guess moving up is probably what makes people spend the most on (players, equipment,…)

for sure, I would love to see Sweet Nitro's people discussing more with us new ideas, like we said being more proactive. There used to be in the past some mods around, do we still get to see some here anymore?