Bye bye MB (match bonus) or massive quit

05/11/16 19:38
guille_82 :

Valha, I'm in! You have one more soldier! MB just to let lower levels teams be at the same level than strongest one. Ex: If your skills are limited to 170 (level 27 currently), you can use MB to increase 10 training points to your player skills at maximum if you play against level 29 team JUST in Guild vs Guild Games. If you play against level 28, maximum 5 training points to use as MB.

An mainly, no MB between same level team (championship or tournament)!

Cheers,

Los Pumas Bragadenses

I believe that what Braga proposes is the best solution to keep MB an still preserve a faire game for everyone. Today if you cash U$S 300 you can be top 10 in the ranking + be in the need of using all the MB you can in every game you play to clean your saturated banks even though you have already all your players at 185 stars. Those are game options as well, but they destroy the game.
07/11/16 22:31
After careful consideration i may agree with u guys. Dump the current concept of mb completely.

...buuuut here's a possible solution that just may work. Keep mb in a certain sense and attach it to finance building, make it more realistic as a form of reward for winning rather than something thats buys the win. For instance u get a match bonus for winning games, amount based on fans, lvl of building and type of game.

To aid the weaker guys in wars that now cant use mb to buy the win, for every league lvl below your opponent u get an automatic certain percentage bonus to playing lvl. This could make tournaments and leagues far fairer as well as wars that much more exciting as u never know who may come at u no matter their league lvl. Forcing ppl all round to actually pay more attention to their strategies and general skill at the game.

Now for the money aspect that may overflow with no mb, make it insanely expensive like 10-15mil to do a 4hr training session as an alternative to just gold balls. Ppl will fork out the cash to train their guys and keep them in top form as they cannot buy wins anymore and actually have to be good at the game
07/11/16 22:46
So a fully maxed league 10 could take out a 30?
08/11/16 09:53
Lol. Not quite monk, obviously the percentage ratios of performance boost would have to have its limits
08/11/16 11:21
It certainly has merit An1malz.

MB just doesn't work as the game expands up towards 200 attribute points for top teams. Adding 20% MB to that is the same as moving your team up 8 levels, a near impossible mountain to climb (even for some of the out of the ordinary teams in our guild! )

I accept that some sort of handicapping is desirable to enable newer players to take on more established sides.

Yours sounds like a common sense kind of route, with some kind of cap; eg at 4 levels.

The only up side to the current mb system is it's simplicity, so any replacement needs to try to be a neat and simple as the current.
08/11/16 14:41
Agreed Alquin

Yeah basically wat im suggesting is a natural boost for lower league guys against higher leagues so that the need for mb is eliminated. Instead mb used as a bonus basically for winning games, encouraging guys to work on their skill more
11/11/16 20:38
I like the idea An1malz. I don't think 2 lvl 30 teams need to play with MB. I prefer skills, tactics and buying good players to be more decisive. Still smaller teams need a way to confront bigger/older teams. So in that case MB could be a solution, mostly in GvGs.
Anyone else??
11/11/16 21:33
Spot on! By the time you get to lvl 30 it should be about skills and planning. Lower levels, yep, it's good to have a way of handicapping.

There would need to be a rethink on how these elite teams spend their money coming in... So maybe some rethinking on lvl 22+ buildings... Maybe the often discussed youth academy, maybe the more you invest the better the scouting, etc...

14/11/16 19:19
The only thing the developers are bothered about is the £ sign If you really want real change then you have to hit them where it hurts stop buying pack players, stop buying gold balls stop anything that involves you using real money on the game it's that simple when the game costs more for sublinet to run than they are making then they will act until then no changes will be made and you'll still have nearly ever member of the game using a full MB.