Buying players for real money

11/01/18 17:48
Are the players you buy as good as they claim as I have bought a player with 260 star rating, and he doesn’t seem to match up to his level. Or is just a big rip off.
11/01/18 18:36
Seems to be what is advertised but it's up to you to determine the level of benefit. They are definitely not a guarantee at win
11/01/18 22:10
Have you bought any players in this game
11/01/18 22:40
Used to, and also bought a lot in ah
12/01/18 01:35
Guest ESA0M5 :

Are the players you buy as good as they claim as I have bought a player with 260 star rating, and he doesn’t seem to match up to his level. Or is just a big rip off.

All boils down to your stray,both overall and individual.
12/01/18 02:22
in some ways, particularly if they are backs, they're not since you have 260 training points in 6 catorgories you wouldn't normally put any in, so 260 x 6 is 1560 training points, divide that by 24 and that is 65 levels of wasted points, so your 260* player is effectively worth 195*, now no backs come with no forward training points already spent, so you have to do the same calculation with your other players to compare,

if they are a forward then its more accurate since a forward can always use all skills even if some aren't particularly necessary
12/01/18 03:43
Targaryen Dragons :

in some ways, particularly if they are backs, they're not since you have 260 training points in 6 catorgories you wouldn't normally put any in, so 260 x 6 is 1560 training points, divide that by 24 and that is 65 levels of wasted points, so your 260* player is effectively worth 195*, now no backs come with no forward training points already spent, so you have to do the same calculation with your other players to compare,

if they are a forward then its more accurate since a forward can always use all skills even if some aren't particularly necessary

Please tell me you see the flaws in your math. They not be as valuable as some think, but they aren't as worthless as your math says. Ultimately when you get a purchased player, either through cash or RP, you get a player that will always be maxed out at the attributes you want maxed out. And without the right strat they are worthless and even with good strat they can be beat by someone who has never spent a penny on the game.
12/01/18 04:47
it was more pointing out if he has other backs which are 195* but properly assigned why you wouldn't see vast improvement from a 260*, since a lot of people seem to base how good a player is based solely on the star rating and not on how the player has actually been trained, obviously player and team strats play a huge part in the success or failure of your team and whether an individual player performs for you
12/01/18 09:46
Targaryen Dragons :

it was more pointing out if he has other backs which are 195* but properly assigned why you wouldn't see vast improvement from a 260*, since a lot of people seem to base how good a player is based solely on the star rating and not on how the player has actually been trained, obviously player and team strats play a huge part in the success or failure of your team and whether an individual player performs for you

I get your point, but backs do get involved in rucks.
18/01/18 11:51
it's only really a good thing to buy players if you're knowledgeable in the game but completely pointless if you have limited knowledge of the game . Like I can smash teams with full set pack players on the football despite me owning all but two pack players cos I understand the game , but i've never really had the same knowledge in the rugby game i've just been lucky I had top guild members who showed me their strats so would be pointless me buying my way to be average. I'm fairly poor as it is on here knowledge wise but pack would only make me average and if I was gunna buy i'd wanna be top of the tree not buy to be average.