Message for Falkland Sound [ICDG]

06/11/17 11:12
I am so angry on your behalf Falkland Sound as the guy who beat you today obviously used bonus. He has nowhere near the quality of team to do that otherwise. It also looks like the first use of bonus by any team in our League. So annoying! I had been looking forward to our game in a few days time being on equal terms and points making it the League decider. It may well still be and I hope it is but it makes your job a bit harder.

Personally, I have not used bonus in a League game since Level 8 when I didn't know what it was all about. I am tempted to use it against the team that beat you today when we meet in a couple of days however.

I really do hope you hold on to 2nd spot and we have a fair League decider on the 9th when we meet.

Cheers,

DHSFP.
06/11/17 18:51
Map Match was interesting...I have some work to do lol.
06/11/17 22:11
Welcome to the realities of the top flight. You will find it is still there and used by everyone just about. Hence why Sweetnitro needed to remove it. Equally there are some that would argue that Falklands purchases from the Sports Shop could be viewed in the same light. Ultimately you need to use all of the weapons at your disposal until they no longer exist. The question is really whether there is more than a 5% difference as theoretical it was not worth it. You also need to consider occasionally you get a random result regardless of what you actually do which reflects reality that even the top teams can lose for no reason in real life.
06/11/17 23:08
I am well aware of the realities of the top few levels, I was just thinking it was refreshing to be in such a high level Championship where no bonus had been obviously used until today. I am not sure that 5% is actually as low as it "says on the tin" as there are some huge differences between being beaten by a Full Bonus and a subsequent Friendly where the opposition is at Home. This has been tested several times by quite a few of us in our Guild.

Bottom line....I will continue to only use bonus as "tit for tat" when used against me or members of my Guild in a GC and only in cases where I think it can win us the GC but not in League or Tournament games. If that is not good enough, so be it.

Random results happen in real life also so I am happy with that.
07/11/17 01:33
I can tell you , what will have happened he will put the lose strat on accidently generally once a season cos the guild he's in they play 1 game to win and one to lose on Gc's he'll have left it on the lose strat and forgot to change it . I'll hazard a guess the game he lost he was kicking to the 13?
07/11/17 06:13
DHSFP - UK Elite :

I am well aware of the realities of the top few levels, I was just thinking it was refreshing to be in such a high level Championship where no bonus had been obviously used until today. I am not sure that 5% is actually as low as it "says on the tin" as there are some huge differences between being beaten by a Full Bonus and a subsequent Friendly where the opposition is at Home. This has been tested several times by quite a few of us in our Guild.

Bottom line....I will continue to only use bonus as "tit for tat" when used against me or members of my Guild in a GC and only in cases where I think it can win us the GC but not in League or Tournament games. If that is not good enough, so be it.

Random results happen in real life also so I am happy with that.

Not quite as innocent as you made out in the first post. The real elite never use it in GvG but will in the top leagues as everyone does. So just supports the case for Sweetnitro removing it at least above L50 as it is pointless. These days many people would also not suggest that friendlies are a reliable indication of real game performance conditions.
07/11/17 11:18
One of the fallen Legends: I hate bonus and also want to see it completely removed

Ashley: No, the game he lost he was kicking to 11. Maybe he had just done a 4 hour training though.
12/11/17 12:50
possibly it is unusual for him to lose without deliberately trying to lose tho he's got good strats
13/11/17 11:13
Yeah it really is a waste of money at the top levels. Everybody uses MB now because they expect everybody else to use MB. I just don't understand why the devs continue to allow MB in championships... It's supposed to be a fair match up level for level to see who is the best on that particular level. I don't see the point of allowing one team to use an unfair advantage.

I didnt use MB once in a championship until i got to level 51 where absolutely everyone was using it. What I do now is I start every championship without MB and then track the other teams. I then use MB against all those who are using it themselves.
13/11/17 13:59
Ashley Longthorn :

possibly it is unusual for him to lose without deliberately trying to lose tho he's got good strats

Definitely got great strats as was proved in the 2 friendlies we had and beat me both times. I got lucky in our league game I reckon as the server was offline at the time and I know I was 100% healed but maybe he was not. He would beat me 9/10 for sure.

Phalanx Damage Inc. :

I didnt use MB once in a championship until i got to level 51 where absolutely everyone was using it. What I do now is I start every championship without MB and then track the other teams. I then use MB against all those who are using it themselves.

Good policy to have but as my buildings are still a long way from being maxed I still won't use it. Building upgrades and last few plots of land are a priority first.