Sports Shop

Game is dead, more good honest decent guys gone. Well done subshitnet. I have stopped spending, i sincerely hope many others follow suit.
Sukitansee - the Sultan Assassin :

Just another half hearted update, or should it be back date. And as a consequence, SN control the cost of the shop enhancements, rather than let players compete in the auction house. Must be hurting the visa boys, being unable to outbid mere mortals and grab the full set before day 1.

Not at all. Quite the opposite. We visa boys are even more advantaged now because it's about gold balls (which you have to buy with real money) as opposed to game money in the auctions. The auction prices were crazy mind, it has to be said.
Cymric :

It isn’t the cash boys it’s the developers. Rugby union has a set formula for bonus points that SN changed in favour of a bizarre one of their own. Removing the ability to look at opponents strategy has meant that we are unable to counter effectively. The kit was unpopular but we coped with it and auction whilst inequitable allowed you to get kit eventually often fairly cheaply ( $1 usually after you spent millions on same item). The sport shop with balls for best kit is blatant greed and is final straw for many in my guild who like a lot here have invested 3 years on this game. Guild mates now just see champs results as random and GC whilst enjoyable has still not sorted an even handed way to match up guilds. I imagine many will leave the game to those who have to win at any cost. Sad that a good game has been ruined by greed and an unwillingness to listen to the players who spend time and money on it. Sensible suggestions and tweaks to improve gameplay for all have been ignored in favour of cash generation and expediency.

Very hard to argue with this assessment. I've spent on the game myself. Probably an average of around 70p a day once I started hitting the top levels. It really is the only way to compete, this is absolutely undeniable. I've also been an ardent campaigner for change on the game. We even formed a world RM WhatsApp chat group with the express intention of discussing ideas and flooding sweet nitro with tickets to try to get the most popular gripes changed. It led to the end of MB for example. However, what I have realised as time has gone on, is that changes are considered and implemented by sweet nitro but the profit motive has increasingly crept into all their responses and solutions and patches(so much so that I am now refusing to try and actively push for any changes to the game going forward). Perhaps this has been forced by the many retirements in the game in the last year. If so, this is a worrying downward trend that is set to get worse.

I think the bottom line is that it is a lot more expensive to run a game like this than we realise and the margins are very tight, Sweet Nitro are feeling the squeeze and are passing this onto the customer. This in turn is driving the punters away. There is only one way this game is going and only the more hardened addicts like myself are contributing to keeping it afloat, but many of us have many gripes with the game.

Don't invest your pension fund in Sweet Nitro shares is my advice...
Sukitansee - the Sultan Assassin :

Cymric :

It isn’t the cash boys it’s the developers. Rugby union has a set formula for bonus points that SN changed in favour of a bizarre one of their own. Removing the ability to look at opponents strategy has meant that we are unable to counter effectively. The kit was unpopular but we coped with it and auction whilst inequitable allowed you to get kit eventually often fairly cheaply ( $1 usually after you spent millions on same item). The sport shop with balls for best kit is blatant greed and is final straw for many in my guild who like a lot here have invested 3 years on this game. Guild mates now just see champs results as random and GC whilst enjoyable has still not sorted an even handed way to match up guilds. I imagine many will leave the game to those who have to win at any cost. Sad that a good game has been ruined by greed and an unwillingness to listen to the players who spend time and money on it. Sensible suggestions and tweaks to improve gameplay for all have been ignored in favour of cash generation and expediency.

The devs, being French, adopted the Fffrench bonus points structure. They are not capable of coming up with one of their own Otherwise, you've nailed the root of the rot. For whom the bell tolls ...

My understanding is that they changed the bonus points system in response to the outcry against match-fixing that seeped into the game at the top level through the likes of La Cagnannaise. Teams would organise draws of 35 points each. Therefore they would get the 4-try bonus point, plus the points for a draw. It didn't solve match-fixing but does reward anyone doing it less.

Or are you talking about something else?
Guest 3QF2FM :

Is there any point in upgrading the sports shop anymore now?
I thought the discounts were only applies for auction.
Anyone know if the discount is already applied to the shop price?

Yes, no and yes
Guest 7PH74Z :

you've never been a good player though taffy, cant blame CAG. I was in Cag for two years and there was 0 cheating

You must really have had your blinkers on then as I've been added to La Cag match-fixing groups myself on more than one occasion. This is not recently either - well over a year ago.
Mr MojoRising :

This game is fixed on all levels, you have knowledge if your french, or in la cag. the championships, tournement's and challenges are not run by your strats, they are run by these biased french dick heads in-charge. whatever strat you have, if they want you to lose, you will. you have a great strat, top of your championship, but you play tournements and challenges and cannot win a game that just proves its all bullshit. as are sports shop items, they know what you items you need, and do not put them in the shop, knowing that if your desperate you will buy golden balls.
this game is becoming pointless.

This is also pretty undeniable. Having played at the top level for a while now, I am convinced that a certain number of teams are either given a bit of a bonus boost or a select few are doomed for relegation by being hampered on a seasonal basis (not at all levels though, mainly just the top). I believe the very best players do manage to scrape through those hampered seasons and others match-fix their way to safety. But in general, if the 'curse' hits, you can be performing like a wild beast possessed in the GC or on the map, and still not be able to beat an egg in the championships. I don't believe though it is any way related to your nationality. I just think that Sweet Nitro have something in the algorithm that gives your team a bit of a boost to make you feel like you are playing really well and keep you interested in the game. Then every 5 seasons or so, you have a really bad one no matter how hard you work on your strat or ask for help from teammates. It comes in cycles and is applied to everyone in my opinion. It keeps everyone interested and spending money.

Personal theories about what can bring the Sweet Nitro curse to your door:

1) Not being very active on the game. If your activity drops for a few days for real-life reasons, it doesn't take long for SN to give your team a jolly good shafting.
2) Not spending enough. This is wandering a bit further into conspiracy-theory land than I am normally comfortable with, however, if you spend a few seasons solely using 2nd hand auction house visas instead of actually spending money, you can be sure at some point you will be absolute sh*t in the league for reasons that escape you.
3) You had a fantastic season the season before. It is rare to come top in the league in two consecutive seasons on the top level. It is less rare to come top or top 2 one season and relegation the next.
4) Sticking with the same strat. Stick with your favourite strat at your peril. Even the absolute peaches expire alarmingly quickly and is a sure fire way to meet with relegation from the top level.

Just sayin'... For a friend.
Wales_RM :

Mr MojoRising :

This game is fixed on all levels, you have knowledge if your french, or in la cag. the championships, tournement's and challenges are not run by your strats, they are run by these biased french dick heads in-charge. whatever strat you have, if they want you to lose, you will. you have a great strat, top of your championship, but you play tournements and challenges and cannot win a game that just proves its all bullshit. as are sports shop items, they know what you items you need, and do not put them in the shop, knowing that if your desperate you will buy golden balls.
this game is becoming pointless.

This is also pretty undeniable. Having played at the top level for a while now, I am convinced that a certain number of teams are either given a bit of a bonus boost or a select few are doomed for relegation by being hampered on a seasonal basis (not at all levels though, mainly just the top). I believe the very best players do manage to scrape through those hampered seasons and others match-fix their way to safety. But in general, if the 'curse' hits, you can be performing like a wild beast possessed in the GC or on the map, and still not be able to beat an egg in the championships. I don't believe though it is any way related to your nationality. I just think that Sweet Nitro have something in the algorithm that gives your team a bit of a boost to make you feel like you are playing really well and keep you interested in the game. Then every 5 seasons or so, you have a really bad one no matter how hard you work on your strat or ask for help from teammates. It comes in cycles and is applied to everyone in my opinion. It keeps everyone interested and spending money.

Personal theories about what can bring the Sweet Nitro curse to your door:

1) Not being very active on the game. If your activity drops for a few days for real-life reasons, it doesn't take long for SN to give your team a jolly good shafting.
2) Not spending enough. This is wandering a bit further into conspiracy-theory land than I am normally comfortable with, however, if you spend a few seasons solely using 2nd hand auction house visas instead of actually spending money, you can be sure at some point you will be absolute sh*t in the league for reasons that escape you.
3) You had a fantastic season the season before. It is rare to come top in the league in two consecutive seasons on the top level. It is less rare to come top or top 2 one season and relegation the next.
4) Sticking with the same strat. Stick with your favourite strat at your peril. Even the absolute peaches expire alarmingly quickly and is a sure fire way to meet with relegation from the top level.

Just sayin'... For a friend.

here here totally agree
Wales_RM :

Guest 7PH74Z :

you've never been a good player though taffy, cant blame CAG. I was in Cag for two years and there was 0 cheating

You must really have had your blinkers on then as I've been added to La Cag match-fixing groups myself on more than one occasion. This is not recently either - well over a year ago.

Not only had his blinkers on, but also cannot speak the queens english. in fact, he is a saes moron.

although i dont dissagre with this, rucking bronco managed back to back unbeaten top league seasons along with winning the top 3 three seasons in a row with only one lose in them three seasons, extreamly rare though