Match Bonus Selection in GvG

22/08/16 14:17
Seeing that match bonus is such a hot topic and the removal of it looks near impossible why not make it optional in the GvG challenges? Add a checkbox to say enable matchbonus. Then match opponents according to this option and if not selected disable the matchbonus for the GvG challenge.

That way you cater for both the people supporting match bonus and the people against it.
22/08/16 21:14
If you not using MB, you are not using MB; if you are, you are; the game caters for both now!

Why should those taking the gamble of not using MB be further rewarded by knowing their opponents are not either? If you play without MB you know the risks, the not too secret, secret is to get into a position where you can MB all the matches you need to.
23/08/16 12:39
Tolgate 23/7 :

If you not using MB, you are not using MB; if you are, you are; the game caters for both now!

Why should those taking the gamble of not using MB be further rewarded by knowing their opponents are not either? If you play without MB you know the risks, the not too secret, secret is to get into a position where you can MB all the matches you need to.

I take it tolgate you are not worried about the game dying and only about your own selfish interests? Must be hard being on the downside and having to hang onto the little rep you have left now to actually endorse mb.
23/08/16 15:25
If there was no MB, then one guild would win every GvG. Their members would get maximum RPs every 2 days and they'd dominate the auction house. This would kill the game.

By using MB, a guild can hold bigger guilds to a draw, which means everybody can get some RPs.

I understand that it's frustrating to those hard-working players, that they're held to a draw, despite being better on paper. But MB levels things out for everybody.

Mattyjjj, You are wrong. Removing the option of MB from other players is for YOUR own selfish interests and will kill the game for everybody else.
23/08/16 19:15
Mattyjjj :

Tolgate 23/7 :

I take it tolgate you are not worried about the game dying and only about your own selfish interests? Must be hard being on the downside and having to hang onto the little rep you have left now to actually endorse mb.

I do not endorse MB; I do not think it should be such a big part of the game but it is, so we have to deal with it. We have been moaning about it and got only one concession.

We have been playing for a year with it and the game is still going fairly strong. So it is probably here to stay (like many of us) and thus you need to adapt your tactics to suit, I think we need to accept the time for whining is done...