Underhand tactics

06/01/18 13:00
I've no doubt that I will be banned for this post however I won't be naming names but underhand tactics are going on. In my current league there are at least 3 teams doing this. Team (blue) kicks off to opponents (red) number 11, blue team then scores a try. Red team restarts game using No3 as a kicker kicking to No13, No13 runs in a try straight from kick-off unopposed. This is repeated until blue team has 35pts around 40 min mark, then both teams change kickers and player being kicked to. So the red team now kicks to No1 instead of No13 and the blue team kicks to the reds No13. Red team scores 35pts. A draw 2 pts each plus bonus pt both teams walk away with 3 pts guaranteed, a massive advantage. The more teams involved the more guaranteed pts.

For this to be happening it means that the 2 parties must be colluding with each other.

I see from previous threads that this is not new and I accept will be difficult to stop. However, I take exception when the people refers to this as part of the game and by saying this are condoning the behaviour. I accept them people try different things to gain an unfair advantage both in the real world and the virtual world but when this behaviour is uncovered it should be stoped.

As a result of these tactics there will be teams that either miss out on promotion, so will effectively be relegated. It will put people off playing the game when they are impacted by this behaviour. The alternative is that we all collude with our mates and by doing so we all condone this behaviour. I, for 1, will not be doing this as for me this game is about pitting my tactics against others and I want to know that when I get promoted it is through getting my tactics right.
06/01/18 15:32
I totaly agree, its pathetic that these teams have to resort to this, they are saying to everyone they are not good enough to play on their own merit. They need to hold someones hand because they are scarred of losing.
I am in the top division and it has happened in my leagues on several occasions. Absolutely pathetic the lengths people will go too.
After all its only an online game. When obvious collusion takes place the teams in question should have the 3 points deducted and a further 5 points penalty deducted.....
06/01/18 15:46
guest_1444417748347 :

I've no doubt that I will be banned for this post however I won't be naming names but underhand tactics are going on. In my current league there are at least 3 teams doing this. Team (blue) kicks off to opponents (red) number 11, blue team then scores a try. Red team restarts game using No3 as a kicker kicking to No13, No13 runs in a try straight from kick-off unopposed. This is repeated until blue team has 35pts around 40 min mark, then both teams change kickers and player being kicked to. So the red team now kicks to No1 instead of No13 and the blue team kicks to the reds No13. Red team scores 35pts. A draw 2 pts each plus bonus pt both teams walk away with 3 pts guaranteed, a massive advantage. The more teams involved the more guaranteed pts.

For this to be happening it means that the 2 parties must be colluding with each other.

I see from previous threads that this is not new and I accept will be difficult to stop. However, I take exception when the people refers to this as part of the game and by saying this are condoning the behaviour. I accept them people try different things to gain an unfair advantage both in the real world and the virtual world but when this behaviour is uncovered it should be stoped.

As a result of these tactics there will be teams that either miss out on promotion, so will effectively be relegated. It will put people off playing the game when they are impacted by this behaviour. The alternative is that we all collude with our mates and by doing so we all condone this behaviour. I, for 1, will not be doing this as for me this game is about pitting my tactics against others and I want to know that when I get promoted it is through getting my tactics right.

I don't think you will be banned for this. The issue in the past was that people were called cheaters, you are saying it shouldn't be done and is underhand. While those are similar the difference is enough. I know people on both sides of this debate and I am personally against the use of this tactic. Funny thing is that I disagree with a lot of the folks on the no unfair advantage side who themselves are willing to use mb in gvg which I personally think is also on the unfair advantage side. So, I agree this should stop, I think you spoke this very respectfully and thus should not/will not be banned.
06/01/18 16:48
Personally, I don’t think calling them filthy stinking cheats should warrant a ban either, because that’s exactly what they are.

If this happened in the real sport (which, after all, is also “just a game”) they would be severely punished, branded as cheating scum and ridiculed for several years.

Why does this forum continue with its insistence that the honest people who highlight these tactics should be punished for using a nasty word that might hurt someons feelings, yet the culprits are seemingly in the clear??
06/01/18 16:48
Personally, I don’t think calling them filthy stinking cheats should warrant a ban either, because that’s exactly what they are.

If this happened in the real sport (which, after all, is also “just a game”) they would be severely punished, branded as cheating scum and ridiculed for several years.

Why does this forum continue with its insistence that the honest people who highlight these tactics should be punished for using a nasty word that might hurt someones feelings, yet the culprits are seemingly in the clear??
06/01/18 17:02
This thread I’d about cheating, like it or not MB is part of the game where collaborating to fix matches isn’t. Buying a sexy pair of trainers from a sports shop won’t make me run much faster but this doesn’t seem to bother people within the game. Sports good and MB both give you an advantage in games but they are an option for all players so it fair, it also makes you think about spectators, banks, shops etc which is financial management. By being good at financial management enables you to use MB or buy sports goods.
Back to match fixing, I believe we now need a specific thread on this forum that names and shames all players that rig matches until it stops, I also feel these players should be relegated at least 10 divisions.
06/01/18 17:59
I think that's the problem though, mb doesn't happen in real life and in gvg it is an unfair advantage. Match fixing is part of this game and shouldn't be too. I want both removed but I agree that match fixing is worse.
06/01/18 18:13
Glad we are agreeing. Some would say MB does exist in real life especially in the round ball game. Players get bonuses for scoring goals or keeping clean sheets. I am pretty old and played rugby in the amateur days and believe money shouldn’t make players work harder etc but unfortunately money is a driver for greedy players. When a new contract is due somehow they give an extra 10% for a few more £1000’s per week. My point is also the buying goods in the sports shop exaggerates the uplift in player quality. Management is strat, player purchasing and financial and I believe the developers are trying to ensure all these components are included. I would happily see the end of MB and sports shops but they are available to all which makes it a level playing field.
Match fixing is not an option for fair players and the cheats should be punished.
06/01/18 18:18
No cheating :

Glad we are agreeing. Some would say MB does exist in real life especially in the round ball game. Players get bonuses for scoring goals or keeping clean sheets. I am pretty old and played rugby in the amateur days and believe money shouldn’t make players work harder etc but unfortunately money is a driver for greedy players. When a new contract is due somehow they give an extra 10% for a few more £1000’s per week. My point is also the buying goods in the sports shop exaggerates the uplift in player quality. Management is strat, player purchasing and financial and I believe the developers are trying to ensure all these components are included. I would happily see the end of MB and sports shops but they are available to all which makes it a level playing field.
Match fixing is not an option for fair players and the cheats should be punished.

I get the bonus, but in gvg only one side can do it. I can't defend with mb therefore it is not realistic and it is, to some degree, underhanded.
06/01/18 18:51
Don't name the responsible teams whatever you do, even though the CHEATING is clear for everyone to see by simply watching the games. Or you'll get a lengthy ban like i did from good old Colston. And don't waste your time issuing ticket after ticket after ticket to support, day after day afer day, as you are advised to do by Carshalton and Colston, as nothing will change and the cheats will continue to prosper.