Stupid decisions in the last mins of games

15/09/16 11:07
So my league match against Leith Lions just now, I'm 4 points behind and get a pen in the 78th min in the opposition 22. For some inexplicable reason my team decide that a penalty and 3 points would be preferable to a scrum and going for a try. I therefore lose 20-21.

Sort it out developers!!!!
22/09/16 01:26
Els cmon mate, you know the developers dont care about the rugby version, just the football. Its no point complaining, you just gt banned by one of their cronies. Take some consolation that your a pretty good player though.
22/09/16 08:03
The Man from Delmonte :

no point complaining, you just gt banned.

You do not get 'banned' for complaining. You get banned for being rude, disruptive, making unsupported allegations of a criminal nature, personal attacks on individual members and making comments unsuitable for a family forum. The list is not exhaustive.
22/09/16 12:18
Anybody ever think about changing your strategy accordingly? Your players are essentialy doing what you are telling them to do so it is a strategy problem rather than a developers problem.

It would be a nice bonus if the players had the intelligence to figure this out, but I dont see it as a bug.
22/09/16 13:03
But strategy changes only happen when the ball goes out of play, I've seen this when changing strategy mid game and seeing running v kicking etc, so you could make a change in say the 65th or 70th min which doesn't take effect during the game...
22/09/16 14:03
Qball has a point to a degree but it should also be considered that there are significant limitations and that this is a computer game. You are looking for artificial intelligence to decide whether to kick for 3 or pop it in the corner. Perhaps we should consult Chris Robshaw? I know nothing about the programming of these games but it sounds like a step too far to me.
22/09/16 18:54
Amd you should know
22/09/16 19:15
Carshalton Colts :

Qball has a point to a degree but it should also be considered that there are significant limitations and that this is a computer game. You are looking for artificial intelligence to decide whether to kick for 3 or pop it in the corner. Perhaps we should consult Chris Robshaw? I know nothing about the programming of these games but it sounds like a step too far to me.

Lol! It shouldn't be too hard to programme in for the last 10 mins not to score points that would still cause a loss (if that makes sense!). My example would simply be to have a scrum (why can't we have tap and go's btw?) and then go from there. They've managed to do some similar programming changes as they've previously stopped pens being kicked for position on 80 mins instead of a scrum so this shouldn't be too hard to do.
23/09/16 04:01
I agrre Els this should be a relatively simple process, but again down to lethargy.
06/10/16 00:28
You can "fix" this, by shortening the penalty distance in settings, if you have a strong enough team, making the penalty distance 0%. Should stop you from going for penalty kick and either kick out or maybe a scrum.