Is there automated bot bidding in the Auction Houses?

03/05/17 13:59
As the title alludes to I would like to know if this is happening? It wont stop me playing but will certainly change my attitude towards buying players in the AH.

When I try to sell players with excellent stats for their level, I am lucky to get 10-20% of their actual worth whilst, when bidding for similar players, the bidding goes way beyond me and they sell for silly amounts of RPs. Surely there aren't that many players in the game that have played long enough to have crazy amounts of RPs?
03/05/17 14:22
There is an obscene amount of rp out there. This game has been around a long time and most people pass on their rp when they retire and come back on occasionally to pass on again what ah has created. The higher you go the more you run into this.
03/05/17 14:33
How can you pass on RP? I have seen no way of doing this. It also doesn't answer my concern about selling players with top notch stats for their rating and getting very little back when similar and on a lot of occasions from observation, much worse players go for stupid amounts.
03/05/17 20:15
It's easy to pass on rp. Just need 2 people to work together to bid up on a player a team mate is selling. I've seen guild members give out thousands this way
03/05/17 21:23
The suck player going for more is likely an rp transfer
03/05/17 21:32
We have done this approach of "bidding up" in our Guild but it still doesn't answer my concerns properly regarding selling good players (very good in some instances), getting very little for them but when you bid on an equally good player/lower/a little better, they go for silly RPs. It still smacks of botting to me.
03/05/17 23:02
How would a bot benefit other folks prices but not yours? I have used bots for other games and sticks, but I'm lost how they would do what you are suggesting unless you are saying the devs are doing it with internal knowledge
03/05/17 23:57
Oh now...wouldn't that be a good way to encourage payment where payment was not required before? I am not a fatalist but BM I think you credit the Devs with too much honesty.

[EDIT] Not calling them dishonest....if they are getting paid then that is their job to make money for their company....it's just there is a level of "cleverness" here that is not experienced in many other games.
04/05/17 10:05
Allan Thomson :

Oh now...wouldn't that be a good way to encourage payment where payment was not required before? I am not a fatalist but BM I think you credit the Devs with too much honesty.

[EDIT] Not calling them dishonest....if they are getting paid then that is their job to make money for their company....it's just there is a level of "cleverness" here that is not experienced in many other games.

Hmmm, I think that's rather too close to an accusation to be comfortable, to be honest. I'll let it ride for now, but please don't continue that argument without some evidence. Thing is as BM says there's absolutely no logic that the devs would allow everyone else's players to be artificially inflated but not yours.
OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some guilds were bidding up the prices of their teammates' players.

Personally, I never sell decent players, and only rarely sell players at all. For that matter, I rarely buy decent players, merely players that will do me a short-term job. They are much cheaper.
05/05/17 14:40
I do not have any evidence and can not provide any without legal access to the source code as you well know so I will make this my last post on the subject. I just find it surprising that both of our Guilds are saying exactly the same thing in the chat. Some of whom have played since the start and have come close to beating players in the top 6 individual rankings.